Dargo72

PX4 Storm Full Size or Compact

Looking to puirchase a PX4 Storm for my wife (I already own a GP100 5" ,357).  Kinda vacillating between the full size and compact.  I would appreciate any thoughts.

Also, the full size comes with a 17 capacity mag.  Does Beretta offer a 15 to comply with NJ law or do I need to modify the 17 once received?

Thank you,

The full size will come with 10rd mags. Beretta does however offer 15rd factory mags for the full size 9mm. You would probably be better off with the full size as it seems to have a slimmer grip than the compact making it easier to handle. The full size is also light and well balanced.

The full size will come with 10rd mags. Beretta does however offer 15rd factory mags for the full size 9mm. You would probably be better off with the full size as it seems to have a slimmer grip than the compact making it easier to handle. The full size is also light and well balanced.

The full size comes with 10 round mags?  On their website it lookedl ike the full size came with 17 rounders and the compact 15.  Am I confused?

The px4 in all configurations has the same dimensions, they all fit the same holsters.

They chop the muzzle end and the grip end... other then that they are all the same... The compact is actually a very nice size if you don't have large hands.. You can get 15rng mags for both of them.

threepx4s3.jpg

my wife looked at the PX4 Storm and loved it, but she ended up liking the Ruger SR9 even more.

But with that said, she tended toward the Compact more than the Full Size for overall fit to her hands. She is not small, but she did like the feel in her hands of the Compact.

I agree with, As Brian said, try shooting both sizes if possible at RTSP or Heritage Guild or wherever before buying.

My experience with the PX4 is that shootability and recoil of the Compact and Full Size was about the same.

The px4 in all configurations has the same dimensions, they all fit the same holsters.ll configurations has the same dimensions, they all fit the same holsters.

There is a significant difference between the distance from the web of your hand to the trigger between the full size and compact/subcompact. The full size is better for smaller hands. Recoil between the FS and Compact is negligible.

The Ruger SR9 is slimmer but the trigger is a lot worse.  I couldn't stand that trigger....

That trigger is definitely a thing to get used to. I have to say, though, after about 100 rounds down range, I actually came to love it. Smooth it is not, but consistency and a clear surprise break it has in spades.

Thank you for the feedback. I'm leaning towards the compact and am also researching the "ugly" Glock 19.....

Glocks are actually beautiful once you come to appreciate the simple lines and function. Glock 19 gen 4 is the only handgun you will ever "need". The new Gen 4's with the slimmer grip work really well for smaller female hands. My wife picked the G19 G4 over the Beretta and many others. My all time favorite is my G26 G4.

Thank you for the feedback.  I'm leaning towards the compact and am also researching the "ugly" Glock 19.....

I would go with the full sized Px4 Storm.  However, she should definitely handle both of them.  Also, look into the Springfield XDm if you're also looking at the Glock 19.  Personally, I like the XD over the Glock.  Gun For Hire rents out firearms at their range (they carry all three of these) in Woodland Park and Ottomanell's gun store is right next door and they carry these three guns.  Let us know what you end up going with.

There is a significant difference between the distance from the web of your hand to the trigger between the full size and compact/subcompact. The full size is better for smaller hands. Recoil between the FS and Compact is negligible.

They all come with 3 different back straps each....when i held all 3 they were exactly the same..

They all come with 3 different back straps each....when i held all 3 they were exactly the same..

Even with the same back strap they are different widths. You can see with hour eye just how much thicker the grip is on the subcompact and compact. I didnt notice at first, but after owning them it became evident. Measure from the trigger at full rest straight back to the end of the grip. Its significant enough to where you have to change your grip position to get your proper finger placement on the trigger.

I didn't get that impression at all holding them in the shop, but i guess owning them you get to scrutinize every detail especially if you shoot them back to back.. i literally had all 3 laid out when i pick out the compact.. and i have "medium" sized hands..they all felt the same to me..

A full size PX4 was my first semi-auto, chambered in .45 ACP.  Mags in this caliber available in 8 (or is it 9?) and 10 rounds.

Don't see the need for a compact unless you are going to carry, or if the full size doesn't fit the hand.  For carry, I bought an XDS and seven round mags, giving me 7+1 of hard hitting .45 ACP.

Well, my wife wants...... Beretta Px4 Storm Inox, Full Size, 9mm

I see some online (NIB) with the 17 round mags.  Can these be legally shipped to NJ then "pinned"?

Check with George at Plumstead Arms.  He's Nuclearheli on the board.

I was looking for a PX4 and he went out of his way to try and find me one.  I ultimately found one used, but haven't forgotten the effort he made in trying to help me.  He's a good guy.

They have them at Ottos... My wife picked out the PX4 Storm Compact 9mm and loves it. I've shot it and it's sweet to shoot. Don't think one size larger will make a difference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2 Pro

Well, I purchased a PX4 Compact via GunBroker. I got the compact just to play it safe with my wife's hands and it comes with the 15 round mags......

Got the adjustable back straps too....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2 Pro

huh? Both mine came with 15 rounders....think u got swindled