ryan_j

NJ CCW qualification

What is it like in NJ for non-LEO? Let's say the second coming happened and I became eligible for a civilian NJ CCW permit.

Yes, I know, I will likely hit the lotto first, but please just entertain my curiousity. :)

I was told it's 50 shots at 7, 15 and 25 yards? What about scores, how much? 

Unless your currently sexting with an nj politician than good luck

Yeah yeah, I know that. I am not talking about justifiable need. I know mere mortals like myself will never meet that standard. 

I am just curious as to what the range qualification was, compared to say, Texas where if you can hit the broad side of a barn you're good. 

For RPO permit same course LEOs shoot. Same target. 60 rds and you need 80%. 50 rd course for 5 shot guns. Also 40 rds reduced light.

OK but it's the same for private individuals? My understanding is that their qualification is tailored to LEOSA. 

The RPO permit came out in NJ before LEOSA. I think its the same for regular carry permits.

Good to know. Thanks. 

I am just curious because I am interested to see how many roadblocks NJ puts up. I practice regularly and I am sure I could do the qualification easily but some might fail it and they could use that to weed out people, just in case they do get a "justifiable need."

With that, I have no idea why they claim that CCW will cause accidents when their qualification procedure is a higher standard than other states who do not have that standard.

I can only hope that one day I can actually go through the qual to get my permit... right after I get my unicorn hunting license, lol.

it it's some kind of LEO standard, I am sure most will not have a problem passing the requirement. I have seen how LEO's shoot... if they can do it, a retard with half a gimpy hand can as well. :maninlove:

I would love for you to put your money where your mouth is.

LOL.  I actualy shoot better single handed weak side.

I could be up for this, just not sure how we can simulate night time?  I doubt any range will turn the lights off...

I am almost positive most on this forum/thread can qualify to those standards. 

Like I said, I have seen numerous LEO's shoot, they are not exactly Vasily Zaytsev.

The requirement is to get 48 hits on an FBI Q target...  that is esentialy the size of a human tourso.  Nothing about holes "toughing"

From the 25 yard position you have 30 seconds to make 4 hits from keeling and above cover/strong side of cover.  If that is the hardest part, its not too hard.  Sorry guys.The closer in faster shooting does sound like fun tho.

Is it me, or something is seriously wrong with this forum? 

Somehow NJ civilians with CCW stay away from this place. 

Look, we live in state with 99% (or something like that) CCW approval, yet no one can answer simple OP question about NJ CCW qualification and say something like "done it, not a big deal"... :D

</sarcasm>

That was funny.

glad I can amuse :-D

I am sure the NYPD course of fire to qualify is not far different, have not looked it up yet, but let's not forget this:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/22/nypd-sued-over-shooting-at-empire-state-building/

You can say the LEO's were under stress...

But if they passed the NYPD quali, and still hit 8 bystanders...

Simple math, NYPD Quali ≈ NJ Quali = Pass = shot 8 bystanders; Quali ≠ Good Marksmanship; Quali = Not Too Hard

:-D