Cemeterys Gun Blob

A Day with Moms Demand Action

Looks like a few folks from NJ2AS had a table up in Morristown right near the Moms Demand Action table.

So what happened?

• Moms called the cops, and tried get NJ2AS kicked out
  • One mom said she was glad Adam Lanza's mother was the first to die
  • Constant dirty looks and snide comments from the Moms
  • Author of the post learns that he is hated and loathed for simply having an alternate view point.

After reading this, can anybody actually say, with a straight face, that these people are actually nice, but are simply misguided?

http://sanitypolitics.tumblr.com/post/58814331888/a-day-with-the-ladies-from-moms-demand-action

Very well written, with terrific insights. Just too bad that the subjects of your monograph will never read it, or will dismiss it out of hand if they do.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Very well written piece.

As much as people say otherwise, it is possible to convert people to a more open mind on the gun rights issue. I say this as a convert myself. I am by no means as far to the extreme of this spectrum as many (most?) on here, but by learning about the issues and lack of logic behind the laws has done a great deal to re-shape my thoughts on the matter.

They will never look at things from the other side. That's just how it is.

They assume everyone else is like themselves. It is a pretty common error of judgement. They are irrational, hateful people who hold grudges against others who have done nothing to wrong them and will react to perceived slights disproportionately.

If you saw the world as filled with those people, would you naturally want them all armed?

..it is possible to convert people to a more open mind on the gun rights issue. I say this as a convert myself.

Most people are open minded on both sides and willing to listen and learn.   However, someone that is so firmly entrenched into a position that has so many flaws in it's logic is not going to be swayed.  I'm beginning to believe that moms demand action is more of a cult.  Alternately, most of us stand where we do because we value freedom, liberty, and independence.  We may be like minded on this one issue (mostly) but it's unlikely we're ever going to be convinced of things that aren't true.  We value freedom of thought too much.  More than any other issue, gun rights advocates on each side are inherently different. 

The good news is that It is possible to convert 90% of our friends that lean slightly against gun rights due to misinformation and we should all be talking about gun ownership (not being over bearing), inviting a friend to the range, and simply behave as if gun ownership is as normal as bowling or football - because it is. 

Great piece.  I came to the same realization a few years ago.  I wrote a very balanced, moderate (probably too moderate for many people posting hear) letter to a local paper in response to an editorial claiming that all gun owners were "irrational and hate filled".  Someone I knew -- a pediatrician -- came up to me and said "I thought you were a nice guy" and walked away.  Others made snide comments.  Not a single person had anything substantive to say.  It is almost always impossible to discuss gun ownership issues with true "antis".  For them it is an emotional, philisophical and moral issue and there is no room in their world for alternative opinions.  Thankfully they are in the distinct minority.  Most people I encounter are simply misinformed -- in the "Yeah, I agree people should be able to own guns, but why does anyone 'need' a semi-auto" type discussions.

Great article. Most of the anti's are misinformed, thus misguided. Just look at what they read and hear in the media. 99% of it is anti gun. They just believe it for fact and run with it. 

Cheers to the guys from NJ2AS for setting up a table and getting our message out there.   :fan:

This year's gun control crisis has made me realize what monsters I've been associating with all these years. Some of my "friends" behaved similarly to the moms and are no longer my friends. While I can always dismiss fringe behavior from any political cause, it's disheartening to see that this behavior is as common as it is and that it exists among people who seem otherwise rational.

I've settled on a triage process, where I divide the world into three groups: 1) pro-gun: they get a handshake and a nod. 2) neutral or rational anti-gun (at least half of the antis): they get a warm reception, a calm discussion on the facts, with a friendly tone of voice and a smile, and an invitation to come to the range with me. 3) people like the moms: they get cut out of my life.

I like the following quote:

"When one pedestrian noticed that we were actually supporting the Second Amendment, he stopped himself from grabbing our pamphlet and said “I don’t support you guys,” before he went over to schmooze with the Moms. In retrospect, I never should have expected a man with a fanny pack to be pro-gun. Even so, I was taken aback by just how forcefully he said he didn’t support us."

Two things. I wonder if that fanny pack was a concealed carry holster and, did he get lucky with any of the moms?

Great article. Most of the anti's are misinformed, thus misguided. Just look at what they read and hear in the media. 99% of it is anti gun. They just believe it for fact and run with it. 

Cheers to the guys from NJ2AS for setting up a table and getting our message out there.   :fan:

Direct from the Libtards playbook.  If you say it loud enough, often enough, people are bound to believe it, whether it is fact or fiction.

Two things in life remain constant.

1. Its all about power.

2. Follow the money.

Direct from the Libtards playbook. If you say it loud enough, often enough, people are bound to believe it, whether it is fact or fiction.

Two things in life remain constant.

1. Its all about power.

2. Follow the money.

Good point. I was talking to an old friend from highschool after newtown, and she was under the impression that full auto, was semi auto LOL

Morristown and Morris Plains police are by far the best LEO's I have ever come into contact with.

You would all be very lucky to have to submit for p2p's to the likes of the Morris Plains PD. Nothing but awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Morristown and Morris Plains police are by far the best LEO's I have ever come into contact with.

You would all be very lucky to have to submit for p2p's to the likes of the Morris Plains PD. Nothing but awesome.

How long do they take? Morristown is one of the towns on my short list to move to next year.

How long do they take? Morristown is one of the towns on my short list to move to next year.

I never had to submit paperwork to Morristown. I live in Morris Plains. With my spotless record my third and fourth P2ps were done in 15 days.

I never had to submit paperwork to Morristown. I live in Morris Plains. With my spotless record my third and fourth P2ps were done in 15 days.

Thanks for that. my town used to be just like that but my current set took 7 weeks! We're looking to move next year so I wanted to get an idea.

Sorry for the hijack

FYI ........  Just to let you know....  Rockaway Township is also great for permits....   Usual time for me is 4-7 days, and extensions 24hours