Sign in to follow this  
Recon Racoon

Removing seam lines from New Frontier lower?

So I got a New Frontier Armory lower a couple weeks ago. For the most part, I'm happy with it. What I am unhappy about are the seam lines, and what looks like chatter marks on the sides of the receiver. Is it fine to use sand paper to clean up these marks and seams, or is it not suggested?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By MikeL
      Just saw it via email blast. Nice.. $10 off the usual price.

http://www.primaryarms.com/Anderson_Manufacturing_Stripped_Lower_7075_T6_223_p/ar-15-a3.htm
    • By Midwest
      Oceanside California: Gun store owner halts ATF Raid

This one is starting to make the news. I spotted this today on the GOA Facebook alerts. The ATF wanted names of 5,000 customers who bought an 80% lower for building an AR-15. The gun owner filed for a restraining order "in anticipation of the raid". The store owner refused to hand over the information. The restraining order is temporary, this could go to court March 20 2014 if an agreement is not reached.

http://fox5sandiego.com/2014/03/12/gun-store-owner-halts-federal-raid/#axzz2vrYVWzYv

“They were going to search all of our facilities and confiscate our computer and pretty much shut our business down,” said Karras. “The government invades our privacy on a daily basis and everyone thinks its ok. This is one of those situations where hopefully the governmental institutions will come in say this is protected and no you’re not taking it from them.”

The ATF threatened to shut their business down if the Ares Armor did not cooperate with the demands of the ATF.

"Karras said the ATF threatened to shutter their business if they didn’t hand over the names of 5,000 customers who have purchased an 80 percent lower receiver (the base) for building an AR-15."

More Information at

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/03/daniel-zimmerman/ares-armor-holds-atf-raid-now/

"At no point during the manufacturing process by EP Armory is a weapon made and then reverted. The solid fire-control cavity is built first and the rest of the 80% casting is made around this “core” specifically so that their product at no time could be considered to be a firearm."

The owners affidavit here

http://aresarmor.com/store/NewsArticle/Temporary_Restraining_Order_Against_BATFE?utm_source=13Mar2014+ATF+Court+Order&utm_campaign=13MAR14-ATFdispute&utm_medium=email

More here

http://aresarmor.com/store/index.php?app=cms&ns=xmodnewsrss_detail&ref=Temp_Restraining_Order_Against_BATFE&sid=bhjo04j6254x232066h2a0c83bt9np1e

"Our customer’s privacy is of the utmost importance to us. I cannot in good moral conscience turn over a list of names to the BATFE just because they unduly threaten us with an unjust raid based on information they KNOW TO BE FALSE!"

I think we need to watch this situation closely.
    • By notmetoo
      The timing on this other thread works out well for me, but I didn't want to hijack it so I started this one. I just picked up a New Frontier complete lower from PK90 (thanks Paul!) and am still waffling over an upper to install.
      My goal for this AR is very low cost plinking. It will likely see a lot of time with .22lr courtesy of a Brownell's conversion kit I've had for a year but never used.
      So I'm looking for a low cost complete upper (and am not against building one either). I also am still considering a dedicated .22lr upper instead, since opinions on the accuracy and reliability of .22lr conversion kits seem to be all over the map. A dedicated, complete .22lr AR like the S&W 15-22 is at this time off the table. Carbine or mid-length.
      Additional info. I already have a very nice, accurate 5.56 AR (LMT) and am in line for one of the 3rd run of the NJGF custom lowers. That one will eventually turn into a high(er) end custom build, but would not be complete for a year or so after the lower arrives, and I've not decided on the caliber.
      Therefore I turn to the collective wisdom and sage advice of the NJGunforum community and ask that you weigh in from the perspective of "what would you do?" Thank you.