malice95

Anyone know a puppy that need a good home?

Wife and I have been checking out shelters but haven't found what we are looking for so far. Looked on pet finder.com..no dice

Ideally a cavalier or cocker spaniel puppy... or a similar looking dog. Small, light color ideally, sorta fluffy.

Been talking to some private breeeders but I'd prefer to get a pup from a home.

Thanks Mike

I tried not to click these links bc every time I do I want to take all the animals home lol...

There were 2 dogs I would love to take in but it says both of them do not play nice with cats, so no dice.  Once we are in our new house we will be looking for a hunter.  

Wife and I have been checking out shelters but haven't found what we are looking for so far. Looked on pet finder.com..no dice

Ideally a cavalier or cocker spaniel puppy... or a similar looking dog. Small, light color ideally, sorta fluffy.

Been talking to some private breeeders but I'd prefer to get a pup from a home.

Thanks Mike

I know a breeder in your town who can probably hook you up with a good price.  She is a co worker of mine and I'll ask if you want.  She also might know some local folks looking to find a good home for theirs.  Let me know.

Here is the place.  Bad Ass Dog Rescue in Brooklyn.  They specialize in rescuing amazing, socialized dogs from high-kill shelters down south and bringing them to NYC.  Their dogs are amazing.  Facebook page is:

https://www.facebook.com/BadassBrooklynFosterDog?ref=br_tf

And they have a lot of amazing dogs.

-DAve

We just picked up TWO puppies last week from a outfit that rescues from hi kill places down south. They work thru Petco. Wife and kids are the guilty party and are doing all the dirty work. They are mutts but one looks overwhemingly gold lab the other very much German shep. Sorry, off op's topic but who doesnt love a happy puppy story? Lol

You can always check Craigslist, so many people post pets up there that they are trying to get to a good home before placing in shelter. Yes there are back yard breeders on there as well, but you can find a honest person on there. I've seen several postings on there of small dogs.

Trying to think of the vets name but a lady came into my store yesterday saying how they rescued a poodle mix I believe or just plain poodle ( don't remember ) puppy, well really owner surrender the puppy because it had a broken leg that they couldn't afford surgery, so the lady's vet did the surgery and now they are looking to adopt it out. It's on black horse pike in turnersville I remember her saying.

Want a feel good puppy rescue story?

A year ago Thanksgiving weekend, we were driving to Philly to my nephews place for dinner. Driving west on 195 into Trenton. Right as you make that last bend before the tunnel, I spot a little Beagle trying to jump the median. Slammed on the brakes and waved traffic to slow, while the Mrs called him. People were being jerks and wouldn't stop, so in the heat of the moment I just walked into the road and started waving till they stopped and the little guy ran to my wife. We checked him out and he seemed healthy but thin. Anyhow we hung on the side of the road for a long time waiting for someone to come looking. He had no collar or tags. So we took him to dinner with us. My nephew has two rescue PBs and the three played all through dinner. On the way home we stopped at Northstar and had him scanned for chip - negative. Home he came. Craigslist ads and Trenton animal shelter and PD had no reports. So guess what?

He's sleeping on the sofa next to me right now. His name. Trenton. He was actually about 2 at the time we picked him off the road... We already had two rescue Beagles at the time and they all got along just fine. In fact his youthful personality helped our older guys get in shape!

Good luck with your search. Rescue if possible! Unconditional love for life is what you'll get in return.

You can also Google breed specific rescues in the area and go from there.

I rescued one of my boxers from Adopt A Boxer Rescue. I know there are at least 4 boxer rescues "working" in the tri-state area.

Good luck on your search.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2