Sign in to follow this  
ALAN553

Starbucks supports us

Starbucks allows guns in their stores in states that have CCW laws. Anti's plan on boycottig Starbucks throughout the country this Saturday aug 24. I think we should all make it a point to have an extra cup of joe this Saturday at your local Starbucks. This company has taken a stand that they consider neutral, they are just abiding by gun laws as they are written. What more could you ask for ?

Boycotts have never worked.  The fear of boycotts sometimes works but in practice, nobody actually boycotts anything in big enough numbers to be noticed.  I hope the media covers the boycott and gives real numbers.

Isn't a boycott what messed Hostess up? Either way boycotting because a company dupports the 2nd amendment in the US would never ever work.

Boycotts have never worked.  The fear of boycotts sometimes works but in practice, nobody actually boycotts anything in big enough numbers to be noticed.  I hope the media covers the boycott and gives real numbers.

Boycotts DO work. Ask Glenn Beck. 

Isn't a boycott what messed Hostess up? Either way boycotting because a company dupports the 2nd amendment in the US would never ever work.

No, Hostess was "messed up" by the Baker's Union (and by greedy management that bled the company dry first) . I guess, technically, you could call a strike a boycott by the workers, but not really..... The union went on strike, when they were told that doing so would cause the company to shut down and be liquidated. 

http://www.forbes.com/sites/helaineolen/2012/11/16/who-killed-hostess-brands-and-twinkies/

http://money.cnn.com/2012/11/16/news/companies/hostess-closing/index.html

http://management.fortune.cnn.com/2012/11/16/the-end-of-hostess/?iid=EL

Recently, a Starbucks closed early because they got wind that a group of 2A supporters were meeting there prior to an event. Starbucks doesn't support 2A. They are pragmatic at best.

Actually, that was the Starbucks in Newtown, CT.

Pragmatic is a good word. They follow local laws on CC and OC.

Starbucks has repeatedly said that they want to stay neutral on carry laws. Liberals don't like this because Starbucks typically supports liberal causes especially gay marriage and they figure that Starbucks is "theirs." 

The Newtown store was closed because they didn't want the drama. It probably backfired on them though, but they figured if they closed it they would retain their "neutral" stance. 

Really, I'm not saying we should go all out to make Starbucks the long branch saloon. But just carry if you feel like it (and if you legally can which means for most of us, not in NJ.)