Vini

Jersey City: another weekend in war zone.

8 p.m. Saturday http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2013/08/jersey_city_man_shot_in_the_abdomen_on_armstrong_street_and_sterling_avenue.html

Jersey City man was shot in his stomach shortly before 8 p.m. Saturday outside a residence on Armstrong and Sterling avenues, police said.
The 22-year-old was taken to the Jersey City Medical Center where he underwent surgery and was listed in stable condition, police reports said. 
A resident told police she was nearby walking with her daughter when she heard five shots.  She said she saw the wounded man walking toward her, holding his stomach, and saying he had been shot, police reports said. 

5:30 a.m. Sunday http://www.myfoxny.com/story/23249192/path-station-shooting

Three people were shot at a New Jersey PATH train station early Sunday morning when an argument over a woman being bumped ended in gunfire.
The shooting started on a train at the PATH Pavonia-Newport Station and spilled out onto the platform. Police had police tape around the outside of the station as they investigated.
One witness tells MyFoxNY.com that things started when a man bumped into a woman. The woman's brother was with exchanged words with the man. The man who bumped the woman pulled a gun and opened fire. The second man then pulled out his own gun and returned fire.

A bit earlier, Thursday. http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2013/08/two_men_injured_when_30_rounds_fire_in_jersey_city_today.html

Two Jersey City men were injured when some 30 rounds were fired at a large group of people on Union Street early this morning, officials said.

With emergency medical technicians on the scene it was determined that the 20-year-old and 18-year-old men had suffered cuts likely caused by flying debris, police said. 

The men said two males on bikes approached riding west on Union before opening fire and then fled heading east, the report says. But they became uncooperative and could not provide descriptions of the gunmen, the report says, adding that they refused medical attention.

Police found a large number of shell casings in the street at Arlington and Union, the report says, adding that a how was also struck by a round and a car’s rear window was blown out.

Former and new mayors of JC are known members of Bloomberg's Mayors Against *Illegal* Guns, the group that memorialized Boston bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev  as a gun violence victim at their rally. 

How long would it take for Steve Fulop (new mayor, rising NJ Democrat star) to use those shootings against law abiding NJ gun owners?

Looks like female victim Diamond Drummer is from Hillside, NJ. She was coming back from a show in Manhattan, so it's safe to assume group of her friends and her brother were from about same neighborhood. 

Later reports don't say nothing about victim's brother shooting back, seems like there was only one shooter: convicted felon Tari Turpin (East Orange). Looks like he managed to shoot himself. 

Here is video from ABC http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/new_jersey&id=9218225

The second incident sounds like a PA resident was CCWing in NJ, he is most likely going to get screwed.  Just my speculation of course..

I have no idea where you wold get that from the story but I can tell you you couldn't be further from the truth

I have no idea where you wold get that from the story but I can tell you you couldn't be further from the truth

I was pulling an Anti and spinning the story in our favor to make it look like someone was CCWing and protecting himself... its nice to dream..