OchoBlue

15 round AR magazine

Riflegear.com has them. They modify magpul mags. They currently have 30 made to take 15. If you put your name on their list they will eventually have the 20s made to take 15. NOT CHEAP but they work flawlessly!

Ed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Riflegear.com has them. They modify magpul mags. They currently have 30 made to take 15. If you put your name on their list they will eventually have the 20s made to take 15. NOT CHEAP but they work flawlessly!

Ed

If you want 15/20s: http://midwestpx.com/product_info.php?cPath=15_72&products_id=692

Ed

+1....i buy most my AR mags from them and they are great

I personally prefer the 15/30's because there is a lot more real estate to grab onto if you're pulling them out of a pouch for a reload. At the last AR class I took there was one guy who brought in some new 10 round mags (10 round body) and couldn't use ANY of them because he could not get them out of his pouch (too deep). Another guy had 15/20's and you could definitely see that his reloads took longer compared to others because he had to fish the mag with his fingers. I'm sure individual skill and gear/kit has a lot to do with it though.

All I'm saying is that if you go with a short mag body, make sure the pouches you get for them are low profile so you can grab them without having to look down and fiddle them with your fingers.

AR15IM-Revolution%20AR%20Mag%20Pouch.png

AR15-mag-pouch-teklok_med.jpg

Good point Lalo.

I just bought 2 more 15/20's from MidwestPX (about an hour ago!) and I was seriously considering making at least one of them a 15/30.

But there was just something that irked the crap out of me about leaving all of that untapped real estate empty, so I decided to stay with the (slightly) less irksome 5 round emptiness instead.

Plus (and maybe I should have asked this before actually expecting that I could do it) I figured that I would just tape 2 of them together like we would do in the Corps. There's really no quicker mag change than that : P

(not allowed on MC qual ranges of course, but pretty much everyone did that when they were out in the field)

So please tell me that Jersey doesn't stick it's nose in that part of our lives too (do they??!!!!!!!)

Good point Lalo.

I just bought 2 more 15/20's from MidwestPX (about an hour ago!) and I was seriously considering making at least one of them a 15/30.

But there was just something that irked the crap out of me about leaving all of that untapped real estate empty, so I decided to stay with the (slightly) less irksome 5 round emptiness instead.

Plus (and maybe I should have asked this before actually expecting that I could do it) I figured that I would just tape 2 of them together like we would do in the Corps. There's really no quicker mag change than that : P

(not allowed on MC qual ranges of course, but pretty much everyone did that when they were out in the field)

So please tell me that Jersey doesn't stick it's nose in that part of our lives too (do they??!!!!!!!)

They don't care, that's fine but still hard with 20s... They actually have mag clamps that look nicer than electrical tape. I know you want your gun to look 'perty'... ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2 Pro

They don't care, that's fine but still hard with 20s... They actually have mag clamps that look nicer than electrical tape. I know you want your gun to look 'perty'... ;)

Nah. some aspects of a rifle are meant to look down and dirty : P

So I'm glad that I can actually go ahead and follow through on that.

And truth be told (finally) on that tube-phobia of mine; it simply reminds me too much of the prosthetic legs that are too too common for so many of our wounded warriors. 

I try to look past it (and I've even tried to look upon it as "honoring" the sacrifice) but the look of it simply makes my soul ache, and I simply can't get past it.

Maybe in time I would be ok with how it looks, but for now it remains a heartbreaking reminder of the sacrifice. Therefore I'm already switching to a fixed stock. The concept of the adjustable stock was good, but the end result is just something that I can't get comfortable with.

(same reason as to why I haven't been rushing out to buy a new digi-camera or even borrow one for posting pictures on my build thread. I'm just not comfortable with the way that my rifle looks right now)

So anyway, I've now outed myself for why I created that friggin thread in the first place. And a fixed stock is enroute as I write this. I can't wait until it arrives (it was supposed to have arrived today! WTF!!!).

Another question... Should an MP 15 sport accept a PMAG without first pulling back the charging handle ? I took my new MP 15 Sport to the range for the first time today (I'm new to the AR15 platform) and could insert the stock magazine no problem with the breech open or closed . The PMAG required that the breech be open / charged to accept the magazine.

Thanks!

They were from MidwestPX .

http://midwestpx.com/product_info.php?cPath=15_72&products_id=692

On 9/3/2013 at 8:07 PM, OchoBlue said:

Another question... Should an MP 15 sport accept a PMAG without first pulling back the charging handle ? I took my new MP 15 Sport to the range for the first time today (I'm new to the AR15 platform) and could insert the stock magazine no problem with the breech open or closed . The PMAG required that the breech be open / charged to accept the magazine.

Thanks!

They were from MidwestPX .

http://midwestpx.com/product_info.php?cPath=15_72&products_id=692

can they be inserted on a closed bolt while empty? if the problem is when they are full thats just the way they were pinned and you might have to just load 14 instead or really slap them in hard.

8 minutes ago, cabalrayz said:

can they be inserted on a closed bolt while empty? if the problem is when they are full thats just the way they were pinned and you might have to just load 14 instead or really slap them in hard.

That was asked 4 years ago. :slap: