Heavyopp

Good price? CZ75B 9mm -- $529

Went Gun shopping today --  Found  a CZ 75 B in 9mm new not even checked in yet

Shop wants $529 =tax =nics so it's $582 and change out the door --  I was in at closing time and said I needed to sleep on it

It seems these are hard to find lately but I really haven't been looking

Anyway,  should I jump on this --  I can be at the shop when it opens  

Do you think my 1911's will get mad at the foreigner in the safe?

The CZ and the new ruger 22/45 lite have been the only handguns other than a 1911 that even remotely interest me --  I guess I could sell it if I really hated it

So I guess I'm asking --  Does anyone have a 75b and not like it??

My brother in-law bought one last week. I was with him at the range and I got to put about 20 rounds through it. I told him if he ever sells it I'm first in line.  I shot better with the CZ than I did with my Sig. It's a nice well built firearm with a real ergonomic grip. I doubt you'll hate it but the 1911 will get jealous because you may spend more time with the CZ because 9mm is cheaper to shoot than .45.

That price is pretty good also.

Best price I have heard of was another member who paid under $500 out the door a couple months ago, but he was hunting daily for it.

I shot it a couple weeks ago and it is def a nice pistol, very accurate and well built.

I still prefer several other guns to it though, including my sig 226 and a 92fs that same member had with him.

I'm on my way out now to go pick it up --  Worst case is a CZ  with a 1000 rounds thru it hits the marketplace in a few weeks 

Yes it is new in box, just came in yesterday, and the shop hasn't even checked it into their "book" yet

I stopped in looking for a 22/45 lite and just happened to ask if they had anything CZ --

They do have a butload of 1911s too, Kimber, ruger commander and full size, colts, just a few I remember

I'll tell you the name of the shop once I get back, hate to get a flat tire on the way --

It is a place I've never bought from before -- but I have done a ton of window shopping there -- usually way overpriced

So --  I'm back without the CZ -- a couple of issues...

1st off -- they still haven't checked the gun in --  It seems there's only 1 guy who can do it and he doesn't come in till 1 pm

also wouldn't let me disassemble the gun without the gunsmith there and he has to do it -- Gunsmith won't be there till tomorrow afternoon till close --

I want to check the chamber with a loaded round -- from what I'm reading the cz has a sort chamber, I want to be sure I don't have to load ammo to a special length -- can't check without barrel in hand 

wouldn't let me put a deposit on it without it being checked in -- but they did put my name on it to hold till we can break it down --

I do remember why I haven't bought a gun there -- it's the guy at the counter -- been there for a long time and just rubs me the wrong way

Told me I shouldn't reload it's dangerous -- and to shoot only jacketed ammo -- nobody shoots lead anymore came out of his mouth -- you'll void the warranty

anyway --  gun is mine upon my approval -- I just don't have it yet

The infamous CZ short chamber. We just encountered that this weekend at Central Jersey. Maks' CZ Shadow Custom did not like his pointy 124 grain hollow points. It was perfectly fine with round nose though. On the other hand, the guy with the CZ P01 had no problems with either bullet. I believe that only the competition type pistols from CZ have the short chamber, but you are smart to check in person. A good source of info on this would be either the Brian Enos forums or the CZ forums. 

I hate mine!

ofbqrV3l.jpg

You are kidding right? What is it you don't like? Thinking maybe you weren't expecting the single action type? The single action model is for target shooting, what was your intended purpose for buying the pistol? I have shot the same gun and it is a great shooting pistol!!! I love mine a lot more since having it worked on by CZ-Custom. This is one of my favorite pistols and is also the most accurate.

You are kidding right? What is it you don't like? Thinking maybe you weren't expecting the single action type? The single action model is for target shooting, what was your intended purpose for buying the pistol? I have shot the same gun and it is a great shooting pistol!!! I love mine a lot more since having it worked on by CZ-Custom. This is one of my favorite pistols and is also the most accurate.

Sarcasm Sir....Sarcasm.    No one who hated a particular firearm would produce and post such an exemplary likeness.....Thus Sarcasm.

for full disclosure, i did have a problem with the ejector in my CZ (was getting FTE's quite often).  it was NIB, so it wasnt a problem with a previous owner.. Sent it back to CZ (for free, both ways), they replaced the spring with a wolff spring, and havent had a problem since..  ive shot about 4 different brands of ammo through it since then.. 

that said, from all that ive heard, my issue was very non-standard..  and also with that said, i love the gun..

I have the SP-01 and it eats everything without a hiccup. I've shot about 8 different brands including reloads through it, but have not tried anything in a longer bullet. That is one accurate gun though. The shooter not so much.

My CZ 75B doesn't like Blazer aluminum ammo, but eats everything else just fine.

I've cycled everything from dirty,smoky reloads to Gold Dot jhp's without so much as a stutter....

Ok --  I decided to go back tonight and see if I could field strip it - Luckily the guy I dealt with this morning was done for the day

Manager of gun counter was extremely helpful along with the 2 other, older guys there -- we broke the gun down, tried the chamber with a few reloads and put it all back together

All was fine and I took it home --

Believe it or not, the shop was Efingers.  I've lived within 10 minutes of Efingers for 44 years, 26 of which I have owned guns.  This was my 1st purchase there and I told them so.

Turns out they have a new guy in charge of the gun section and 1st thing he did was to bring the prices back to reality --  Like I said in a previous post, I have window shopped there many, many times but was always turned away by the price.  I still do not like one of the salespeople - He just rubs me the wrong way -- But luckily he is avoidable.

So the bottom line is -- Give Efingers in Bound Brook another chance -- Looks like they are trying to compete -- From what I saw, nothing new on display was over MSRP 

Jer

Ok --  I decided to go back tonight and see if I could field strip it - Luckily the guy I dealt with this morning was done for the day

Manager of gun counter was extremely helpful along with the 2 other, older guys there -- we broke the gun down, tried the chamber with a few reloads and put it all back together

All was fine and I took it home --

Believe it or not, the shop was Efingers.  I've lived within 10 minutes of Efingers for 44 years, 26 of which I have owned guns.  This was my 1st purchase there and I told them so.

Turns out they have a new guy in charge of the gun section and 1st thing he did was to bring the prices back to reality --  Like I said in a previous post, I have window shopped there many, many times but was always turned away by the price.  I still do not like one of the salespeople - He just rubs me the wrong way -- But luckily he is avoidable.

So the bottom line is -- Give Efingers in Bound Brook another chance -- Looks like they are trying to compete -- From what I saw, nothing new on display was over MSRP 

Jer

That's good to hear. They were nice enough when I visited, but the prices were sky high. That was about two years ago.

That's good to hear. They were nice enough when I visited, but the prices were sky high. That was about two years ago.

I was surprised when I saw the pricing --   One that sticks out is the ruger 1911 commander for $699 I believe --  definitely wasn't higher

It also seems like they are selling kimbers now --  had a few different models on display

They have any more CZs?  If so maybe I'll call in sick tom0rrow.....with envy for the fact you found one and the good price you paid!  JK, congrats con your purchase.  I'm sure you'll love the gun. 

That Ruger SR1911 is one nice looking gun!

I stopped in Effingers a few weeks ago and found the people at the gun counter to be pretty nice.  Chatted with one older gentleman for about 20 minutes or slow when I stopped in last time....it was a Thursday night and the place was empty.

The one thing I like about them is that they are open until 9pm.  No other gun shops in the area are open that late.  Only other one I know of is Shore Shot that is open until 10 some nights but it is at least a 45 minute drive for me.  Effingers is about 5-10 minutes away depending on how many lights I hit.

Great to hear their prices are more competitive than what I had heard they were (inflated/unrealistic).  Maybe I'll stop in there some night this week.

Funny thing is i was actually thinking about swinging by Effingers earlier this evening but got caught up doing some things around the house and then looking on Gunbroker for CZ75s......

Glenn --  No more CZ's -  I just got lucky -- Actually went in looking to hold a 22/45 lite -- I happened to ask if they had anything CZ and this one had just come in

Stop by there and ask since they are so close, maybe they'll be good enough to put your name on the next one they get --  I believe they really don't know when stock is coming in

Maybe tomorrow they get another - you never know

Jer

You are kidding right?

I hate that it makes me want to send $50-80 dollars of 9mm downrange every time I take it out, ugggh!

It started out as a plain jane 75B I got used from a Texas pawn shop for $340 shipped (Score!). Some Cajun Gun Works bits and the SAO flat trigger later and it's just too much fun to shoot. 

I work near Efingers and have popped in there on occasion, it's one of those stores that make you wonder if the sales people know that they are there to make sales. Good to hear they are making some changes.