71GTO

Hello, from Mercer

Hi, I just registered after reading this forum for a month. I am new to firearms in general, but I have an fid card already and a hunting shotgun. Now I'm interesting in owning a handgun. I have my p2p filed already for two permits. I'm looking forward to asking a lot of questions.

Welcome. I got my address change and p2p done in Robbinsville in under 30 days, even with sandy in the middle of it. I don't know how Hamilton handles things, but there are towns in mercer that hold to the rules.

Good luck and welcome.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Welcome! i came from hamilton (groveville) the lady that handles the permits was nice when i got my initial. Just dont go by how long she says, i was told 2-3 weeks every time i called for about 4 1/2 months until they finally came in. Now im waiting on a change of address and will be wait abouth 5 months from the SP. 

I got my fid card in 2010. It was 6-8 weeks I think. I don't remmeber exactly, but it was quicker then I thought. When dropped off the p2p papers I asked how long it would take and I was told five and a half months I asked a local shop and they said the same thing, As far as my experience calling they no longer answer the phone. Their instructions state to call first before you come in. I called multiple times a day for atleast two weeks with no answer. Then I just took a chance and a half day from work to go there and drop off the paperwork. She didn't seem to happy then and I witnessed the phone just ring and ring.

Is there a reason why? Is the volume that high?

I don't know how Trenton, proper, is, but Ewing and Hopewell Twp's are more in the 4-6 weeks range. Don't know what Hamilton's problem is. Maybe a sit-down with the mayor would help.

Adios,

Pizza Bob