rfkhunter

Anybody own a Lucid HD7 Red Dot

it got great reviews on optics planet but not always a solid thing to go by, hope you get some first hand reviews form peeps on this site. If you do decide on it make sure you get the latest generation as there are two

Actually there are 3 generations.  I have a Gen II.  It's built like a brick shi+house and has been rock solid so far.  The integrated mount is nice and tight.  As to the weight, it only weighs an ounce or so more than an Aimpoint PRO. 

The multiple reticles are nice.  It automatically shuts off after 2 hours... which is good and bad.  Seeing as I'm not in Afghanistan, it's really not a big deal for me.   The auto-brightness sensor works pretty well... although I prefer to operate it manually.

For under $200, I don't think there is a better RDS out there. 

why buy that when, for less, you can get vortex and a lifetime warranty?

The Lucid also has a lifetime warranty.  I have 2 Vortex Strikefires.  They are a damn good RDS for the money.  But the build quality on the Lucid is head and shoulders above the Vortex.  Well worth a little more coin. 

I just found this optic the other day and have been thinking of grabbing one for my AR-15. Curious if anyone else has anything else to say about them. So far I've seen nothing but good things about them for the price range...

I just found this optic the other day and have been thinking of grabbing one for my AR-15. Curious if anyone else has anything else to say about them. So far I've seen nothing but good things about them for the price range...

Seen a used one on the 1911 forum for sale. 

The Lucid also has a lifetime warranty.  I have 2 Vortex Strikefires.  They are a damn good RDS for the money.  But the build quality on the Lucid is head and shoulders above the Vortex.  Well worth a little more coin. 

is that new because when I read a review on them it stated a shorter warranty?

I just bought one of these and the damn thing wouldn't zero. HAD to be defective... I've heard tooooooo many good reviews on this optic for that to be common.   .....although that doesn't make me any less pissed off that I now have to wait another week for my replacement optic... sigh....

I just bought one of these and the damn thing wouldn't zero. HAD to be defective... I've heard tooooooo many good reviews on this optic for that to be common.   .....although that doesn't make me any less pissed off that I now have to wait another week for my replacement optic... sigh....

that sucks man. I hope they replace it quickly. im very surprised to hear that, I was about to order one but maybe i'll wait until i hear more about how their customer service handles this

I actually bought mine off Amazon, and if I sent it back to Lucid, I wasn't sure I'd get it back in time to send it back to Amazon if something was seriously wrong with it, so I just returned it to Amazon and told them to send me another. I got it yesterday (lightning fast... Ordered on the 13th, got the defective one the 15th, returned the defective one the 15th, got my new one the 17th. And that was with standard shipping!) and it seems to be better than the previous one I got. My only complaint from the first one was it wouldn't zero, and this one does, so... lol. I LOVED everything else about it... durable, multiple reticles, and the auto dimming/brightning feature of the reticle(was very quickly responsive and very accurate at determining how bright the reticle should be). I'm a little leary of purchasing stuff like this off Amazon, cuz I hear a lot about counterfits, so I don't wanna talk to badly about them in case I actually did get a counterfit. That's one of the reasons if this one starts acting up, I'll send it to Lucid instead. I'm sure if anyone would be able to spot a counterfit, it would be them. Haven't gotten to take it to the range yet, hopefully I'll get to take it either today or tomorrow, and put a little more info up on here about it.

I have a gen 3 on my 6920 and I'm quite happy with it so far. Waiting to join CJRP to really put it through its paces. Eventually I will get an Aimpoint then this will be put on my wife's 10/22, she tried the Lucid and loved the RDS concept. Yeah I know sounds silly to put it on a little 22 but what the heck...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bringing back an old thread for some feedback -- guys who have them HD7 gen 3 -- Still like them?

Primary arms has them on sale for $149 till Monday midnight

I've really been thinking aim point pro but the gen3 hd7 sure is tempting at $200 less

Anyone have any recent thoughts?