reduck

CJRPC crowd last night....

Finally made it out to the new members meeting. Glad I got there real early. By the looks of it, raising the cap contribution fee did not slow down new members. I believe there were about 50 people there!

Met some good people too....

Ron

Hi Ron,

I wanted to attend and join last night but got held up with work.  Will have to wait until next month ;(

If the new capital contribution fee isn't a deterrent that room should be.  Seriously, when I signed on it felt like a freshman hazing or something. lol

Welcome to club noobs.  Remember to pick up your brass. :squideye:

Yeah but when you went there was it 85+ outside, hot as hell in there and some really fat old dude just drop a duce in the can that should ahve been declared a war crime? 

Cause that really makes the looping crap video and annoying speakers so much more enjoyable. 

The new member meetings are the second most crowded time you will have at this club.  The most crowded will be your next meeting!  After you get your fob and card you will have your choice of facilitys.  Even when its busy there there is still room.  I did have to wait for a pit once.  It was not a very long wait though.

Ken

To the current cjrpc members. Can you give me an idea for target stands. What do you use? Provide pics? Im going to build something portable and adjustable as ill primarily be using the rifle ranges, just looking for some ideas before i hit up home depot later

To the current cjrpc members. Can you give me an idea for target stands. What do you use? Provide pics? Im going to build something portable and adjustable as ill primarily be using the rifle ranges, just looking for some ideas before i hit up home depot later

I made a few of these. Stake it down, throw in a couple of 1"x2"s and staple a piece of cardboard to it.

6748104045_76851178df_z.jpg

Here is the clubs design.

http://www.cjrpc.org/members/index.cfm?wpid=9

AKE DOWN TARGET FRAME For use on 50 and 100 yard berms Standing, Sitting and Prone

GENERAL NOTES:
 Wood material is 1x2 common grade pine. Each frame has been designed for its specific shooting position for use on 50 and 100 yard berms. Use of this design will prevent richochets from leaving the range. Drilling the holes for a slip-snug fit of the bolts, pins, item 6, will permit removing the legs from the frame for eay storage. By making the screws holding pc 4, leg Brace, slightly loose the legs can be slid together for ease of handling and storage. Screw fasteners permit replacement of damaged parts from near misses. Cans, Plastic bottles, etc may be suspended from strings thumb tacked from the top of the frame brace. Cans, bottles etc may be placed on top of the lower frame brace.

PARTS:

1) 4 Pc. Top and Bottom Frame Brace. 24 inches (can be any width desired)

2) 2 Pc. Side Verticle Risers. 16 inches. Must not alter this dimension.

3) 2 Pc Legs:

Prone Position: 35 inches

Sitting Position: 52 inches

Standing Position: 69 inches

4) 1 Pc. Leg Brace. 15 inches

5) 2 Pc. Iron ground Frame Filler, any length (6 inches optimum)

6) 2 Pc. 1/4 x 2 1/2 long Bolt, dowel or other cleaves acting pin.

7) 2 Pc. Cardboard Backer, 13 x 24 inches

8) 1 Pc. Bottom Frame Brace Filler, 12 inches, centrally located

TakeDownTargetFrame.jpg

^ that is a whole lotta material and time for a range stand.  

PM TJ's sporting arms, he has pre made steel target stands.  You take 2 ferring strips, stick em in the stand, and staple your targets to them.  Or you can staple cardboard to them and place your targets on the cardboard.  TJ is a forum vendor, and so is the guy who builds them, Yaggz.  Supporting 2 vendors in one shot.  

Additionally, if you want to get even more lazy about it you can take ferring strips, duct tape them to the target mounts in the ground on the rifle ranges, then staple your targets to the ferring strips.  

Just went for a couple hours, saw a couple variations of that stand. I went with the ones from TJs. Yagzz.

Meanwhile i had the handgun range to myself for 2 hours.

Gonna love this place! I think there were 3 gen purpose in use and a couple of pits.

Yeeha! And yes, i picked up my brass!

I bought a Dirty Harry target stand.  I've used it, like twice. Using two A-clamps that you can buy at home depot for a couple of bucks, I clamp 1x2x8 onto each of the steel target posts, staple cardboard to the 1x2 and staple the target to the cardboard.  Easy to transport, easy to set up, quick to break down, cheap as hell, and it works.