vmastro87

Where can i get a bow restrung?

Give these guys a call, they have a great archery staff. 

Sportsmen's Center

69 U.S. 130  Bordentown Township, NJ 08505

(609) 298-5300

their archery dept is the only part of that place ive actually never heard a bad review from. The fishing and firearms dept I cant stand.

You could also try Cheyenne mountain, they are up the street, but still a far ride for you.

Definitely get it restrung and make sure you check for cracks around where the cams connect to the bow, and where the cable ends are at the top and bottom of the bow.  I just got my dad's out to use this season and found cracks that would make it dangerous to even draw back, it could have blown itself to bits if I pulled it back, I had to throw it out.  The good news is I got a really nice old Fred Bear compound bow for $90 used on Craigslist.  Old bows are great but make sure you check them for cracks and change the strings!

Definitely get it restrung and make sure you check for cracks around where the cams connect to the bow, and where the cable ends are at the top and bottom of the bow.  I just got my dad's out to use this season and found cracks that would make it dangerous to even draw back, it could have blown itself to bits if I pulled it back, I had to throw it out.  The good news is I got a really nice old Fred Bear compound bow for $90 used on Craigslist.  Old bows are great but make sure you check them for cracks and change the strings!

thanks for the heads up its my first one and its been black spray canned it looks like. Its very tall also so a buddy of mine said that its fairly older. I know it doesnt resemble any of the more compact versions on the market today.

If you go to A&M archery in Lakewood on 2nd street you can then shoot it to make sure its setup the way you or he likes it. I haven't been there in a long time but A&M is a top notch range and pro shop! I have heard recently they have some type of scenario shooting booth.

And it's always a good idea to be armed when walking around downtown Lakewood at night daytime you are pretty much ok. The bow will make a nice club if needed. Park on 2nd as close as possible. Not saying it's a bad area or anything just be aware