millsan1

I hate to say it, but I love the Glock

I was an anti Glock guy, mostly because I hate going along with the crowd, more than anything.

I ended up with a Glock 34, through a series of events.

I have shot it a fair amount, probably 1,000 rounds in the past few weeks.

Once I became comfortable with it, and found a good hold, it really is an accurate gun.

What totally converted me, however, was the engineering.  I dug into it last night to give it a good cleaning and to take a hard look at the guts.

First off, the cleaning was the easiest cleaning I have done yet.  I had not even opened it up since I got it and was expecting a pretty dirty interior.  Nope.  There was some residue, etc, but overall, it really did not retain any mess like my 92FS does.  Cleaning took all of 5 minutes.

I then marveled how easy it was to take apart and put back together, which is the opposite of my M&P CORE, which has one of the dumbest take down procedures EVER.

After cleaning and putting it back together, I just sat there looking at the gun, and said to myself "I think I love this thing".

God have mercy on my soul.

My one distributor had these used glocks from the Detroit police department. They had it engraved on em. I've been debating one just because its cool but I figure they have probably been used a lot. I'm probably going to buy a new one shortly. Probably a 9mm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

why the hell were you cleaning a Glock.. LOL

they are great... I would not personally own any other handgun unless I found some need that I am unaware of yet.. the gun just never malfunctions.. and runs great.. 

I wish the subcompact was a little slimmer.. because I know carrying a slimmer gun would be nice... but all in all for what it is.. I have not found a better value gun that is as reliable as Glock.. 

they are great... I would not personally own any other handgun unless I found some need that I am unaware of yet.. the gun just never malfunctions.. and runs great.. 

I wish the subcompact was a little slimmer.. because I know carrying a slimmer gun would be nice... but all in all for what it is.. I have not found a better value gun that is as reliable as Glock.. 

Totally agree with this.  Although I don't carry, I've found Glocks to be more accurate than most give them credit for, extremely reliable, very simple to fully take down, easily found parts and relatively cheap and easy to maintain. 

I was an anti Glock guy, mostly because I hate going along with the crowd, more than anything.

I ended up with a Glock 34, through a series of events.

I have shot it a fair amount, probably 1,000 rounds in the past few weeks.

Once I became comfortable with it, and found a good hold, it really is an accurate gun.

What totally converted me, however, was the engineering.  I dug into it last night to give it a good cleaning and to take a hard look at the guts.

First off, the cleaning was the easiest cleaning I have done yet.  I had not even opened it up since I got it and was expecting a pretty dirty interior.  Nope.  There was some residue, etc, but overall, it really did not retain any mess like my 92FS does.  Cleaning took all of 5 minutes.

I then marveled how easy it was to take apart and put back together, which is the opposite of my M&P CORE, which has one of the dumbest take down procedures EVER.

After cleaning and putting it back together, I just sat there looking at the gun, and said to myself "I think I love this thing".

God have mercy on my soul.

A smart man...you are..

Psychic reading.....You are the Glock east coast sales rep of North America? 

Granted they are very utilitarian but what kind of society are we without Art?

The beauty of a 92FS? a 1911? 

My 92FS is my first and favorite gun.  So easy to shoot accurately and it looks like a gun.  External hammer is a cool thing in my book, which explains my 2 PX4s as well.

My M&P CORE is simple to point and shoot.  Shooting with an optic is like bowling with the gutter bumpers up.  Too easy.

But as it stands now, if I had to choose 1 piece to be my one and only, as much as I hate to say it, it would be the G34.

my sentiments exactly Vlad

But as it stands now, if I had to choose 1 piece to be my one and only, as much as I hate to say it, it would be the G34.

Anthony, you always seemed like an intelligent and reasonable man. I'm sure these feelings about the glock will pass. I will admit that I recently picked up a G23 and it seems fine, reasonably accurate, ate everything I fed it and very simple to break down. Don't see it being on my favorites list though.

I tried to not like my Glock34 for awhile, I wanted to use my 1911 for everything USPSA, IDPA and Steel. I shot them all for awhile. I started to notice my times were much better with my Glock. I would say I just had a good day when I was using the Glock but it was consistent. I have seen made the decision to shot the 34 in most gun games.

I do like my Spartan 9mm for steel but it sometimes has issues! I know that every time I point and press the trigger on all my Glocks it will go bang. I cannot say that for all my guns except for maybe my CZ-75 and it has an issue every now and then, its rare but it happens. I now want a G35 for limited.

"I think I love this thing".

I want my PX4 Compact back, Anthony.  I'm applying for a permit today.  My PX4 is a lady and you are not keeping my mistress in a safe with those animals.

The ONLY thing lacking in a Glock is the Ergonomics, and everything else far outweighs that.  I wish Glock had a single-stack line.

I have a G21 and went to clean it at the range, slide wouldn't come off so like an idiot I point it towards the ground and pull the trigger (needed to remove slide) and it drops hard on to the concrete floor. My heart drops. I pick it up and the concrete has a chip in it and absolutely not a mark on the slide. Sold me right there! I also have a CZ, 92fs, HK P30 and Sig.

Anthony, you always seemed like an intelligent and reasonable man. I'm sure these feelings about the glock will pass. I will admit that I recently picked up a G23 and it seems fine, reasonably accurate, ate everything I fed it and very simple to break down. Don't see it being on my favorites list though.

I was referring to a SHTF scenario.  I love all my pistols equally, but as a tool to be used and counted on 100% of the time, Glock would be my choice.