millsan1

I hate to say it, but I love the Glock

I have four Glocks, but my G34 is far and away my favorite. I will readily admit that my Beretta 92A1 is sexier (don't tell my Glocks, lest they become jealous), but if my life were on the line, I would want my G34.

Same... Except for the Beretta part *yuck*... and I have 5 Glocks... and for me it is a G35... and I have two of them :)

i don't have one yet but eventually plan on getting a 19 and a 29. all around glocks are undeniably one of the best pistols in terms of practicality you can get straight out of the box. theres just a couple things i don't care for in them - i have a kind of natural aversion to striker fired handguns, mostly due to how the trigger feels. also they don't quite fit my hand just right. the reason i didn't buy a 19 for my first was that i went to the range and rented one, along with 92fs and i was just blown away by the beretta. trigger pull was fantastic and the gun fit my hand like a glove. it was almost disappointing because i had in fact become a glock fan boy before i had even bought a gun just because of their reputation.

Glock is my favorite also.  I even converted my buddy who used to carry a Beretta in his non-civilian life.  After few trips to the range with me and he got a G22.

Worth mentioning is that Glock uses some type of coating on the metal parts which makes it much easier to clean than any other gun I have.

I used to hate Glocks as well. Now I'm a proud owner of a G20 gen4. It's not the nicest looking gun, but I didn't buy it for the look. Like my friends say about their iPhones,the Glock just works.

I had two glocks, didnt like the feel in my not too big hands, the xd is a better fit for me. I did have a long conversation with the man in charge of doing the repairs on guns that people had at Gunsite for their classes and he said glocks had the least problems of all the guns that came through Gunsite.

I had the opportunity to hold a G17 last night.  I won't say I didn't like it.  I actually hated it. lol

I want so much to like Glocks but they just don't fit my hand well and for me don't point very well at all.

Now, my new to me PX4.  God, I LOVE that effing gun!

I was an anti Glock guy, mostly because I hate going along with the crowd, more than anything.

I ended up with a Glock 34, through a series of events.

I have shot it a fair amount, probably 1,000 rounds in the past few weeks.

Once I became comfortable with it, and found a good hold, it really is an accurate gun.

Can you quantify "accurate" some? How many yards? What size Groups?

15 yards 3" double taps.

I am not a bullseye shooter.

I need my guns to put bullets in the kill zone at 10 yards and to be able to hit 10" at 25 yards for uspsa and steel and such

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

15 yards 3" double taps.

I am not a bullseye shooter.

I need my guns to put bullets in the kill zone at 10 yards and to be able to hit 10" at 25 yards for uspsa and steel and such

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

That is pretty good...Just like to see what other pistols can do vs my 1911 and my XDM-Comp...(When folks say very accurate they sometinmes mean 7y, 10y, etc - so always good to quantify). 

With my G35 equipped with a Trijicon RMR02 RDS and a KKM barrel I have shot a 1.6" 10 shot group at 25 yards while zeroing from a rest.

I know a guy that routinely shoots 2" 5 round groups offhand at 25 meters with a similar G34 setup. He is one of the best shooters I know.

to your Glock I say

400px-Px4_Storm.jpg

to your multiple Glocks I say

beretta_px4_storm_inox_-_right.jpg

now those are sexy handguns...lol

I too tried to like the Glock but it just isn't for me despite many attempts at the range.

I do want a 1911 next however

Our Prosecutors Office carries the PX4 (They are transitioning to G23 & 27s this fall) and I have a bunch of trigger time behind one as a range instructor for the County SWAT team. And I think Metuchen just went to Beretta .45s from G21s.

I can not warm up to Beretta. I HATE double/single action guns. Give me a single trigger pull to learn all day long. And, I think they are *GASP* ugly :)

As far as Beretta, they look pretty for a platic gun...I bought a px4-45 as my first pistol about 14 months ago. Seemed smart with the decocker and all...Once you get into shooting though, you relize the decocker is not necessary, and that DA/SA stuff is for the birds. The PX4 was never especially accurate for me out at 25 yards because the grip is way too fat (for me). Nothing like a single stack for shootability :-). I decomisheded my PX4 and will likely sell it next year.

Not Bad (from a rest), but check this out: 25 yards, standing, 2 hand hold, NO-Rest, NO RDS ;-)..

1911: 2.5" 3 round group.

I guess you missed this part ;)

I know a guy that routinely shoots 2" 5 round groups offhand at 25 meters with a similar G34 setup. He is one of the best shooters I know.

Not to get into a pissing contest, but you asked for mechanical accuracy of the system. That requires a rest and more than 3 rounds ;)