Sign in to follow this  
Notime2ride

Just approved!

I submiited all my paper work on July 17, 2013, got finger printed on July 29. Received a call from my local PD on August 28. Within 1 hour of the call, I headed over to my local firearm shop and picked up my pistol. To be honest, I really didn't expect to have my FID and pistol purchase permit in 42 days. I wasn't even prepared to layout the cash. So, I had to ask the wife to pay the balance . Good thing for an understanding wife. She is waiting for her FID too. She applied two weeks after I did.

I was really glad that the wait was only 6 weeks. I heard horror stories of people waiting 3 - 6 months just for an FID.

I picked up a Para Elite Target 1911. Reason why I chose this pistol. I like the look and feel of a 1911, but most off all, I like the look of the two tone. I know it's a little too much for a first time pistol. So, I went a head and bought the .22 LR conversion for it. I wish the conversion was a two tone.........just kidding. I'm looking to do some plinking and some target practice. I'm planning on trying out the .22 conversion this weekend. As far as .45 cal, I will wait until I get the proper skill and training. Now, if I can only find more .22 LR ammo, I will be set.

congrats man, that is a great turnaround time. just hit 4 & 1/2 months here. Ill probably end up doing the same thing haha. If my FFL is open i will be there day of to pick up my shtuff!

Thank you. Yes, I think I was just very lucky. My wife feels a little discouraged. I don't know why, she will get it too. She should have applied the same time I applied. But, you have waited over 4 months. That is what heard a lot.  Hang in there brother, good things will come.

Nice! Congratulations

I have been pretty lucky with 22LR over the past 2 Fridays at Dicks Sporting Goods (Deptford) Bulk Amerucan Eagle last week, 3x 100 CCI mini mags this week

What are you paying for a pack of 100?

CCI mini mags $9.99 for 100 limit 3 packs

(They may be cheaper via the Internet, but I kinda like walking in - seeing stuff in a case - bull shittin' with the kid, and walking out with something in my hands)

jersey dicks is still doing limit of 3? all the de dicks have dropped down to 1 per customer per day on all the major calibers inc 22.....its crazy...theyll have 100 20 round boxes of a couple 223/5.56 and only let you get one....but when they get the 1000k round can thats also "1 box".....i dont shop there but guys at work rage about it every couple days...lol

Congrats.  I am over 3 months and waiting, I am thinking about starting to look for a pistol now and if I find one going ahead and purchasing it and having my FFL hold it until I get my permits.  NJSP did tell me 3-4 months when I applied so I should be getting close.

CCI mini mags $9.99 for 100 limit 3 packs

(They may be cheaper via the Internet, but I kinda like walking in - seeing stuff in a case - bull shittin' with the kid, and walking out with something in my hands)

On Thursday DSG Bricktown and Manahawkin would only sell 1 to a customer, had to have my newly permitted bil ( 13 wks in Ocean Township )  with me to get 400 rounds 

Well, I did it or should I say we all fired my new Para 1911. However, we only fired the 1911 with the .22 conversion. Between my wife and I and my boys, we fired 200 rounds. We had a great family time. I was so tempted to reinstall the 45 cal barrel back on and fire the 45 but I didn't. The rimfire set felt very comfortable. Maybe next week I will fire the 45. My boys actually did really well, much better than me. I guess all that airsoft practice time they have under their belt really helped their accuracy.