Mikey Bullz

Xds recall and shipping

So, my XDs needs to go back to Springfield as part of their recall. My question is how do I do ths legally in nj? I've tried calling Sprinfield but their phone is getting slammed.

They will provide a Fed-ex label, but how do I take it to Fed-ex with out "deviating" and now how do I hand the box to the Clerk without knowing if he has a FID or if it violates the wonderfully ambiguous laws in NJ.

any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

People send firearms to Manufactuers all the time. If you have a label from Springfield it's probably prepaid. Just drop it off at FEDEX that's it. When it's done they ship it back to you. That's all. No need for FFL.

I think you have to drop it off and pick it up at thr FedEx hub. No home delivery.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Not true... Springfield will ship to home. Adult needs to sign. I have shipped to them several times and other gunsmiths...

It may just be me, but I would want the gun to ship back to an FFL, and not my home. They could log it in as a gunsmith repair and ship out as long as they provide gunsmithing. When it comes back it safely goes back to the FFL and you pick it up like your dry cleaning. Just show them your repair stub. ;)

Not true... Springfield will ship to home. Adult needs to sign. I have shipped to them several times and other gunsmiths...

Only problem with that is that no one is home it goes back in the truck, and goes back to the hub for delivery the next day. Increased chance that something bad may happen to it with all of the extra handling.

Only problem with that is that no one is home it goes back in the truck, and goes back to the hub for delivery the next day. Increased chance that something bad may happen to it with all of the extra handling.

Not really true.. They know exactly whats in the box and they do take extra care with firearms. 

Having to take a handgun to a shipping hub to send it back for a manufacturer recall sounds an awful lot like a deviation that is reasonably necessary under the circumstances. Loosen the tinfoil hat my friend.

Jeez, some of you guys really worry about stuff.

I have shipped so many guns and never had an issue or worry. Drop it off at fed-ex and have it shipped to your house. No big deal.

I've had a gun ship to my house, sit at fed-ex and get shipped back because I couldn't pick it up. Had to have the gun re shipped back to me from the manufacturer.

I don't think it's that simple. Nothing is easy.

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/ship/packaging/guidelines/firearms.html

Not sure what your post or link is referencing.

It is very simple, I have had guns go from me to manufacturers and right back to my house. This is with several different manufacturers.

I think you guys are making way too much of this. Just send it off and be done with it.

There is no need to keep debating these topics.

Jeez, some of you guys really worry about stuff.

I have shipped so many guns and never had an issue or worry. Drop it off at fed-ex and have it shipped to your house. No big deal.

I've had a gun ship to my house, sit at fed-ex and get shipped back because I couldn't pick it up. Had to have the gun re shipped back to me from the manufacturer.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Agreed. I ship alot ....I don't know what the big deal is....call SA, get call ticket, put it in the original box, put in FedEx box, let counter clerk know it's a firearm and off it goes....

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

They are just as easy and yes I have shipped my Saiga for full conversion to and fro. DOOR TO DOOR

IT'S EASY!

Well I have a little problem. I printed off my fedex label but had to head out of town last week so I couldn't ship it back. Now I'm calling springfield to get a new label (since the old one expired) and their phones are extremely busy. So much so in fact that I'm getting "all circuits are busy" when I call.

This is going to be a high caliber headache. I think I'll just take my chances until they can get their stuff sorted out.

I've been getting "all circuits are busy." Tried my office phone and verizon cell phone.

Today the call went thought but was on hold for 5 min,

Just dropped off at FedEx in east Brunswick , with zero problems, they just asked if it was well packed!

Don't call just use the link on the website. I put in my SN, it took me to the next thing to fill out my info, then another link to print the mailing label, then off to Fedex (a 65 mile round trip for me) You have to take it to a manned Fedex shipping station, not a franchise or drop box, and they don't pickup either. Lady was nice, just asked if there were bullets in there because "You're not allowed to do that". Duh.

Don't call just use the link on the website. I put in my SN, it took me to the next thing to fill out my info, then another link to print the mailing label, then off to Fedex (a 65 mile round trip for me) You have to take it to a manned Fedex shipping station, not a franchise or drop box, and they don't pickup either. Lady was nice, just asked if there were bullets in there because "You're not allowed to do that". Duh.

I can't use the link because I had previously generated a label which expired and it won't allow me to generate another. So I need to call. 

My buddy shipped his XDS from from FedEx in the tradezone in Mt.Olive. he was in and out in 5 min while I waited it the truck. He got the gun back from Springfield a few days ago and they delivered it to his house. They also cleaned the entire gun for him and threw a few extra mags in the box for the inconvenience.

Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!