GAPP

CCW Application Course October 27, 2013 at Fort Dix

GAPP has another CCW class coming up. This one will be held at Fort Dix.... so all of you South Jersey shooters interested in CCW should consider coming to the class. The last class we ran at Dix filled up pretty quick so dont wait to register. Florida and Utah are the most sought after permits in the nation because they are the most widely recognized... and UT is especially valuable right now with the law change in PA. We provide all services necessary to get a concealed carry permit in both UT and FL including the applications, envelopes, passport photos, finger prints, notary seal, and UT CFP instructor seal... pretty much one stop shopping to get your CCW in multiple states. We also help you fill in the application so it wont be returned for being completed improperly. For a full course description, registration information, and other class dates, go to www.gappnj.com.          

I took this class back in May and I highly recommend it.

There is a live fire portion.  No holster needed.

From the site:

Things you will need to bring to class:

* A safe, functioning, and legal firearm with 100 rounds of quality ammunition

* Weather appropriate clothing

* A pen with black ink

* A state issued photo ID

* Eye and ear protection

* Lunch

http://gappnj.com/upcoming_courses/utfl_ccw

I took this class back in May and I highly recommend it.

There is a live fire portion. No holster needed.

It's it individually done or is there a line of shooters? I can't imagine there being a line of shooters and no holsters. Sounds scary lol

I'm signed up. Do I need any prerequisites? What is the recommended holster type for the live fire, OWB or IWB?

No holster is necessary for this course... the course of fire is very basic, I run through a few drills that cover basic defensive marksmanship and assess safety (necessary for the FL CCW permit).  I talk about future training opportunities in the course (where I cover drawing from a concealed location in depth) but I don't have time to cover the proper draw in such a short live fire portion.

It's it individually done or is there a line of shooters? I can't imagine there being a line of shooters and no holsters. Sounds scary lol

Its not scary at all... I wont go into how we run the range (you kind of have to see it) but as Alex said, its very safe.  I generally employ 2 or 3 RSOs to help with the course and the firing lines are kept to a 3 to 1 maximum student/instructor ratio.

Its not scary at all... I wont go into how we run the range (you kind of have to see it) but as Alex said, its very safe. I generally employ 2 or 3 RSOs to help with the course and the firing lines are kept to a 3 to 1 maximum student/instructor ratio.

You're a friend of a friend who says you're the man, so I trust you. I got a little frazzled at the idea of a line of shooters with no holsters lol. What you described sounds much better. Thanks.

You're a friend of a friend who says you're the man, so I trust you. I got a little frazzled at the idea of a line of shooters with no holsters lol.

Stay away from most competitive pistol events, in that case...  :-)

The way GAPP runs the range works fine.   If you have a batch of random shooters unknown to you, a line of shooters with holsters is a more frightening prospect than a line of benched guns.

GAPP,

A friend and I have just signed up yesterday.

Pay for through website pay pal but it did not ask for any personal or identifiable information?

Will we be contacted by GAPP? What happens next?

If you two got an email confirmation from Paypal, youre all set for now.  I send out an email about a week before the course with reminders of times and necessary gear.