silverado427

Trooper video ain't over yet

Hey the post that got you bustin my balls about the cop crap I didn't know was gonna turn out the way it did. The Woodbury stand off was still in progress when I posted it. Who knew how it would end. I did find out why they called in swat though. The pro office thought they saw a curtain move. So either the house was haunted, it was a draft or he made a mistake.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Backpedal.jpg

Trooper did what he had too and County Cop didnt report the stop....end of story.

Good job Trooper and once again The BCPD should have been disbanded YEARS ago.  Lost tax dollars there its a lost cause.

-Scott

Question: could SP have quickly run the plates on the van and identified it as a real undercover car.

If it is a true UC car, no. If it is just an unmarked car, yes.

BCPD guys clearly in the wrong - procedurally, tactically, and generally. Clownshoes all around. I award them no points and may God have mercy on their souls. If these 2 were my guys, they would be standing tall before the man with a recommendation for days off without pay.

NJSP Trooper did a good job. My only complaint is that he should have called for a boss to settle it. He did 100% right by investigating the suspicious looking stop.

Once it was determined all parties involved were in fact real Police, this should have been handled out of sight of the citizens involved in the stop.

BCPD guys clearly in the wrong - procedurally, tactically, and generally. Clownshoes all around. I award them no points and may God have mercy on their souls. If these 2 were my guys, they would be standing tall before the man with a recommendation for days off without pay.

NJSP Trooper did a good job. My only complaint is that he should have called for a boss to settle it. He did 100% right by investigating the suspicious looking stop.

Once it was determined all parties involved were in fact real Police, this should have been handled out of sight of the citizens involved in the stop.

Like I said, over donuts and coffee! ;) Donuts always make me smile.... :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2 Pro

So why does the BCPD exist again? every town in that county has its own police force, plus the NJSP on 95 and GSP, 46,3, etc. Should have been disbanded a long time ago

Plus the sheriff etc...

Although I'm sure they are fine upstanding gentlemen. Bergen county cops have had am inferiority complex for 30+ years.

Out of curiosity, how many of you would pull over for a Dodge Caravan with some strobes?

Being a civilan with lots of LE family I would have put my hazards on called 911 and kept going for a CARAVAN with strobes. The fact htat you can get strobes and red flashing lights on ebay doesnt make me sleep well at night.  My best friend is LE and drives unmarked crown vic and people dont stop for him. He doesnt get mad unless they dont call 911 to report him. If they keep goin and dont make an effort to make sure hes real PD then its on them.

-Scott

thats how i saw it as well...and was also wondering why the didnt call shift supervisor...as the bergen guys did....

Like I said, over donuts and coffee! ;) Donuts always make me smile.... :)

Don't get me wrong, if I was called to respond to this as a supervisor (from either side) there would be no donuts. There would be hell to pay and the two BCPD Cops would be lucky if they could sit down anytime soon without wincing because I would take a huge chunk out of their ass. But that would be done out of the public eye. The rest of the BCPD guys that are out there doing it right should not have to deal with these two guy's screw-up on their next car stop.

amen!

Don't get me wrong, if I was called to respond to this as a supervisor (from either side) there would be no donuts. There would be hell to pay and the two BCPD Cops would be lucky if they could sit down anytime soon without wincing because I would take a huge chunk out of their ass. But that would be done out of the public eye. The rest of the BCPD guys that are out there doing it right should not have to deal with these two guy's screw-up on their next car stop.

Ok, I'll go half way. Dunkin Munchkins? ;)

Ok. For the Trooper only. ;)

Deal! Get ahold of him and head up this way. Screw Dunkin Donuts, I'm ready for Apple Fritters from Deb Pam and coffee... Sh*t! I'm over due for some dagnabit!

Anyone from around here knows all to well too! Muhahaha... All this donut cop talk made me hungry! :)

Deal! Get ahold of him and head up this way. Screw Dunkin Donuts, I'm ready for Apple Fritters from Deb Pam and coffee... Sh*t! I'm over due for some dagnabit!

Anyone from around here knows all to well too! Muhahaha... All this donut cop talk made me hungry! :)

LOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOL!!!!!!

I just wanted to pass along two statements my wife made after viewing this:

1: "OMG they must train those guys to be pissed off and articulate at the same time."

2: "this is like something out of a Dennis Leary script"

Anyway, really good info about dialing 911 with a Caravan/Crown Vic flashing lights. Spreading that to all my friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Awesome display of professional courtesy by both departments. Imagine how they treat the public who have no recourse but to comply or be arrested for obstruction of justice?

I am not saying that "professional courtesy" doesn't happen, but where is it here?

I believe everyone here is on the Job and on the clock actively conducting Police Business. The BCPD guys have a car stopped and even though they didn't follow normal procedures what they are doing isn't wrong or illegal.

The Trooper is appropriately investigating a suspicios vehicle.

What "Courtesy" do you see being given?

I am not saying that "professional courtesy" doesn't happen, but where is it here?

I believe everyone here is on the Job and on the clock actively conducting Police Business. The BCPD guys have a car stopped and even though they didn't follow normal procedures what they are doing isn't wrong or illegal.

The Trooper is appropriately investigating a suspicios vehicle.

What "Courtesy" do you see being given?

Trooper is investigating BCPD didnt give any heads up so i say DCPD 0 - NJSP 1

I just wanted to pass along two statements my wife made after viewing this:

1: "OMG they must train those guys to be pissed off and articulate at the same time."

2: "this is like something out of a Dennis Leary script"

Anyway, really good info about dialing 911 with a Caravan/Crown Vic flashing lights. Spreading that to all my friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

This is the right course of action. Car calls 911 says being  pulled over. dispatch contacts officer officer gives location dispatch tells car driver yes its a New Jersey State Trooper car pulls over if their nice they get non moving violation and everyone goes on there way.  Its really not a hard concept.

Its really not a hard concept.

Really? Are you making this a thing? Sounds like some inappropriate condescension, or perhaps I am  reading this wrong?

Anyway, it isn't that the concept is hard to grasp, it is that the cop in the car is okay with it too, as opposed to all "screw you didn't you see my flahing lights"

B.C.P.D. should have called the stop and dispatch should have used spen radio to announce presence.Somebody could have been killed here.And showing the SWAT gear at the end just proves what an asshat the county guy is

Really? Are you making this a thing? Sounds like some inappropriate condescension, or perhaps I am reading this wrong?

Anyway, it isn't that the concept is hard to grasp, it is that the cop in the car is okay with it too, as opposed to all "screw you didn't you see my flahing lights"

You are 100% right. I know cops that will suck you out of the car through vent window and screw a gun in yor ear because "Why didn't you stop? Didn't you see my lights." The thought that you didn't think it was real Police behind you would not even occur to them - Even in an area where a bunch of PD impersonator car-jackings occurred.

And in this instance, the BCPD didn't call the stop, so calling 911 the dispatcher would likely have said there are no cars in your area trying to stop you.

That's why I always advise to also drive to the nearest Police station/barracks as well.

You are 100% right. I know cops that will suck you out of the car through vent window and screw a gun in yor ear because "Why didn't you stop? Didn't you see my lights." The thought that you didn't think it was real Police behind you would not even occur to them -

Now THAT is a concept that is very easy to understand  ; )

but although it has been said a few times in this thread, I have to ponder why tracking down cop impersonators isn't communicated with the police equivalent of a highway sign saying "Silver Alert."  To go back to the professional courtesy thing, that trooper saying " you don't know what goes on out here!" is telling me that communication broke down terribly long before those guys went to work that day.

When you deal with serious calls on a constant basis, important stuff like that can start to feel routine or mundane. It slips your mind that it is that important. It is a coping mechanism that helps you deal with stress on a constant basis - stress inoculation.

Sometimes the ball just gets dropped. Info isn't relayed properly, or these guys just came back from vacation or days off, the idea that they weren't recognized as Cops just didn't occur to them, or maybe they were late to roll call or missed the shift brief.

There are a million reasons why stuff goes pear shaped. But, if they had called out their status and notified dispatch of their stop - you know like they were supposed to - that the ball dropping could have been rectified well before it got to the stage it was in this story.

Like I said, if the BCPD guys were my Cops, I would nail them to the wall over this. Someone could have gotten seriously hurt here and Officer safety issues, especially when they crop up because of stupidity or laziness when they could have been easily avoided, is my one peeve as a supervisor.