2ANJ

Do you ride...

Aww....you're killin me!  

My current ride - an '82 Gold Wing Interstate - is currently accusing me of neglect!  It's been waiting for me to change-out the head gasket for a year now.  It has a very slow coolant leak - to the outside, thankfully - on the right head; right where it would get your right foot wet!

Back in the day, I use to ride my 650 Yamaha (these were Jappanese "copies" of the famous 650 Triumph) back and forth from here to Virginia beach where I was station in the US Navy. On our very low pay, it was an offordable transportation alternative...I would do the 320 mile trip in under 6 hours comming up the Deleware pinicular, over the Deleware Memorial bridge and on to the NJ Turnpike. I did this regularly on weekends. Pulled up to the "Crew" hanging-out on "The Corner" on Friday nights about 9:00 PM for a weekend of Sex, Drinking, and Rock'n-Roll (I did not do drugs). Sunday at about 4:00PM, head back down to VA, and arrive on base abot 10:00 PM for Muster in the morning...I remember many a time late in the riding seasons drafting Gray-Hounds at 70 MPH to keep warm for a spell. - It was a fun time.

Argh! What do you KIDs know about riding these days. You probably want Obama to pay for your Motercycle insurance, guarantee you safe passage, and give you a gold star for making such a big "emotional-trip". - "Ooouuu!, Look at me, I am riding a motorcycle - and I don't text and drive". ;-) ;-) ;-).

I inherited a 73 Triumph but it's sitting in storage and needs new rubber everything before its road worthy again.. i want to do a light restoration once i can pull it out of storage.

In the mean time i ride my rocketship 09 cbr600rr. I've been heavily contemplating trading it in for a supermotard

My current motorcycles.

P1000601_zps73e77328.jpg

2003 BMW R1150 RT

2006 Triump Tiger 955i.  I was looking at a Triumph Sprint GT today.  I'm afraid I may do something foolish soon.

Edit to add: This was a breakfast meet-up a while ago.  Three generations of Tigers represented by some friends and I.

IMAG0049.jpg

I use to ride....started on a 2001 Katana 600, then a GSXR 750 in 2002. I loved that bike to death. Then I grabbed a 2004 Kawi Meanstreak. Enjoyed it but it wasn't the same. Sold it on 2008.

Have had the itch to get another one. Victory was on my list and I love the new Indians.

My wife got me a new Polaris ATV for our anniversary last year and that is all I ride now.

I started on the same bike my dad did. A 1972 Suzuki TS 125. We still have it but it has seen better days.