peter679

Any Walther P38 fans?

I'll share my pride and joy, it was my grandfathers he brought it back from WWII.  I'd rather have him around, but this was given to me after 20 years of finding who the hell got it.  My cousin was more than happy to hand it over since he lives in PA he has about 3000 guns LOL.  Anyways, my Pride & Joy.

http://s595.photobucket.com/user/peter679/slideshow/Walther%20P38

-P

I was always a little dissapointed that my poppop never brought back any Arisakas, or Nambu pistols. Granted, I would have really liked a Luger, or K98k (Or STGG44) but no one in my family fought in the European theater of WWII.

He did have a 1911 he bought off a guy for like, $25, but the army confiscated it off of him, otherwise that would likely have been mine.

Nice P.38!  My Dad used one in WW2 in Italy to draw-out the Germans from their protective cover while my Dad's buddies were waiting (partially hidden) with Garands at the ready.  

He didn't bring it home.  I have fired a friend's though.  Quite accurate when you bury the front sight into the notch in the rear!

Dave