deerpark

Do you always carry your FID card?

Is it possible to request a duplicate, at the same time you get the original, for the purpose of storing one in a safe place, while keeping one in your wallet? Or will "they"not do that?

What if you "lost" the original, shortly after getting it? How long does it take to issue a duplicate, and does it "void" the original card, like a lost or stolen credit card?

I don't think I've ever been asked for secondary ID except when applying for a job (they won't accept the FID though) or at the MVC.

It fun to see the look on a bank tellers face when cashing a check at a bank other than my own

"What's this ? "

" NJ Firearms ID "

" I don't think this is acceptable "

"You should get the manager, I had to go through more backround checks to get that than you did for this job, it's accepted as 4 points towards the 6 needed to renew my license " 

It hasn't been refused yet

It fun to see the look on a bank tellers face when cashing a check at a bank other than my own

"What's this ? "

" NJ Firearms ID "

" I don't think this is acceptable "

"You should get the manager, I had to go through more backround checks to get that than you did for this job, it's accepted as 4 points towards the 6 needed to renew my license " 

It hasn't been refused yet

I've used it in Europe and Asia as secondary ID while changing American currency as my Passport remains in the hotel safe.

I've used it in Europe and Asia as secondary ID while changing American currency as my Passport remains in the hotel safe.

People still do that? I use credit cards and withdraw foreign currency from ATMs with my US ATM card. I get a better rate that way too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

People still do that? I use credit cards and withdraw foreign currency from ATMs with my US ATM card. I get a better rate that way too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

It depends on where you are...Canada,AVI,BVI,some of the Caribbean most definitely but unlike over here, in some European countries and most of Asia other than the major metropolises,ATMs are few and far between, have severe restrictions on the amount of cash you can withdraw,banks still require 2 forms of ID  for large,frequently counterfeited  bills and takes at time hours, cash is still king so I always carry some currency.

It depends on where you are...Canada,AVI,BVI,some of the Caribbean most definitely but unlike over here, in some European countries and most of Asia other than the major metropolises,ATMs are few and far between, have severe restrictions on the amount of cash you can withdraw,banks still require 2 forms of ID  for large,frequently counterfeited  bills and takes at time hours, cash is still king so I always carry some currency.

In Europe you just need a credit card with a chip and PIN. They're starting to roll that out here in the states. I have a platinum amex with it. Buying gas in France on the weekend or buying train tickets in Germany can be a pain in the neck if you don't have one.

In Europe you just need a credit card with a chip and PIN. They're starting to roll that out here in the states. I have a platinum amex with it. Buying gas in France on the weekend or buying train tickets in Germany can be a pain in the neck if you don't have one.

Yes I just received my chipped Amex recently and do have a Visa Card with it also attached to an overseas account but the exchange rate and transaction fees can be prohibitive.

Is it possible to request a duplicate, at the same time you get the original, for the purpose of storing one in a safe place, while keeping one in your wallet? Or will "they"not do that?

What if you "lost" the original, shortly after getting it? How long does it take to issue a duplicate, and does it "void" the original card, like a lost or stolen credit card?

Can anybody answer this? ^^^^^^^^