deerpark

Do you always carry your FID card?

While driving?

No, a driver's license is for driving, so it is in the car.

If there is a major breach of security and Al Qaeda steals my car and my driver's license allows them to crash a plane into the Super Bowl or an Illegal Alien steals my car and Obama sees he has a driver's license and doesn't deport him (haha) then shame on me, my bad.

I have no need to carry one around with me like dog tags.

How about at the airport, using a check, etc.? I like the idea of no ID in theory, but with my memory, if I didn't carry the drivers' and the FID, I'd never have it when those pain in the rear occasions come up. If the dog tags would work, I'd prefer them

How about at the airport, using a check, etc.? I like the idea of no ID in theory, but with my memory, if I didn't carry the drivers' and the FID, I'd never have it when those pain in the rear occasions come up. If the dog tags would work, I'd prefer them

Theory?

I bring a driver's license to the airport. I don't end up at the airport unexpectedly.

I do all my banking by cash and check, no ATMs. Face to face with bank personnel. They don't ask. When they do, new person or new bank, I got there by car anyway. Go to car and grab it. Doesn't even happen once a year I would guess. They never ask about the gun, either.

There are two pretty good ways to get around the laminating problem. One is to buy a self laminating set (at Staples) and instead of using the hard plate-like sheet, just use the adhesive sheet for both sides of the ID, and the other is to get some transparent double sided tape and put it on on side of the card first then lay the stiff laminate over it. The former is less protection but does a pretty good job of keeping it unfrayed and legible. The latter requires a steady hand if you want it to look relatively seamless. In either case, trim it down first,

And as the advertisement says, 'Don't leave home without it'.

Those self laminating kits suck. Mine kept peeling and whatnot, and I ended up giving it to Office Depot to be machine laminated, with the messed up DIY laminating and all. I wish I would have done it through them the first time, it was no more than a buck or two.

It took 6 months and over $60 to get the card. $2 is worth it to keep it from getting messed up.

Those self laminating kits suck. Mine kept peeling and whatnot, and I ended up giving it to Office Depot to be machine laminated, with the messed up DIY laminating and all. I wish I would have done it through them the first time, it was no more than a buck or two.

It took 6 months and over $60 to get the card. $2 is worth it to keep it from getting messed up.

I had no problem with mine but $2 is less than the kit so that sounds good to me.

I used a $0.25 laminating kit out of a bubblegum-style vending machine (no electricity) staged in front of a grocery store in the early 90s. Carried it probably ten years, put it through the washer maybe ten times. Still good, just beat up around the edges. Now I keep it next to my unused 1991 pistol permit. With a bunch of other old junk in a drawer.

I had a change of address a while back, same town different street. The PD didn't want my old one back so I keep that one with me just in case I'm at a shop and want to see something or if I see ammo somewhere. The new card is laminated and locked up safe at home.

No, a driver's license is for driving, so it is in the car.

I have two cars so I can't decide which one to leave it in. So it just stays in my wallet.

You also say that you don't carry your carry permit? So how do you legally conceal carry without one?

While my FID was pending, the counter gal at Metzlers told me I could not touch the Desert Eagle I had driven across the state to see without one. After she had to turn it this way and that at my request, She said I could pick it up, put it on the counter pad, and turned around so she couldn't see me handle it.

What an utterly stupid policy some gun shops have in NJ. There is no law that states you have to show your FID just to look at a gun. What is comes down to is that they guess you are not serious to purchase, so they don't want to exert any effort to take a gun out of the case or off the rack.

I used a $0.25 laminating kit out of a bubblegum-style vending machine (no electricity) staged in front of a grocery store in the early 90s. Carried it probably ten years, put it through the washer maybe ten times. Still good, just beat up around the edges. Now I keep it next to my unused 1991 pistol permit. With a bunch of other old junk in a drawer.

Your PD just called and they want that 1991 unused permit LOL.

I don't want to trim down mine because it might be mistaken for a forgery (as if it was hard to forge one).

Haven't had an issue as yet and I've used it as a secondary ID several times, even Internationally.

What an utterly stupid policy some gun shops have in NJ. There is no law that states you have to show your FID just to look at a gun. What is comes down to is that they guess you are not serious to purchase, so they don't want to exert any effort to take a gun out of the case or off the rack.

Are you sure there's no law, because nearly every shop I've been to seems to think otherwise. And I don't think it's just laziness. I was at your home range, RTSP, and a fellow (I think Evan?) spent a lot of time with me talking about guns and was well-aware that I didn't have an FID/P2P. He suggested one gun and took it out of the case for me to take a look at, but wouldn't let me handle it. It was so annoying that I could fondle all of their rental guns to my hearts content, but not the new guns.