High Velocity

Creepy Neighbor advice

Curious as to how some of you would handle this situation.

I recently had a really suspect new tenant move into a condo next to mine. First contact with him was while I was trying to complete some urgently needed maintenance on one of my vehicles while being very pressed for time. Guy persisted in trying to carry on with pointless conversation about wanting to purchase a vehicle similar to mine while paying an awful lot of attention to the contents within my vehicle.... I've seen meth heads with more teeth than this guy.

A neighbor who observed this interaction from across the street also felt compelled to comment to me after this interaction that this individual seemed more interested in seeing if I had anything worth stealing than anything else and has since offered to aim one of his properties' surveillance cameras at my vehicle.

Several weeks pass and I've noticed among other things that his car rarely moves. Perhaps he works from home? Also, I guess we're good friends now because my second interaction consisted of being asked for a large loan. I politely declined.

My most recent interaction occurred just this afternoon. I'm home alone playing with my 12 month old son when someone decides to ring my doorbell once every 3- seconds repeatedly. My wife and I never have surprise guests. Guess who's standing at the door mumbling something about needing to borrow a phone to call his wife while he's holding a cellphone that I can plainly see. Again I politely suggest he turn around and walk the 75 yards to the condo community clubhouse and use the phone there. I can't believe this idiot thought I'd let him in my house.

So, what do you guys think?

I wouldn't let him know that you may be armed at all. That's a prime target for thieves. I would also get a gam cam and paint it to match the best possible place to view your car and entrance if possible. Make sure doors and windows are always locked and definitely file a complaint with the condo board to let them know your concern.

Now, how would you feel about lending me 10,000 dollars? I have a mouth full of teeth I can use as collateral.

I need a loan too but I m missing my 4 wisdom teeth. I say follow above cams are a great idea too. An off shoot too is look his name up online to see if he ever made a press release from a police department.

I need a loan too but I m missing my 4 wisdom teeth. I say follow above cams are a great idea too. An off shoot too is look his name up online to see if he ever made a press release .

;) yeah. But I'll assume those missing teeth aren't the result of a crack or meth habit.

I'm concerned about this guy around my wife and kid and I definitely feel like these encounters with this guy should be documented just in case something should occur later on.

Priority to me would be secure my domain, make sure my wife never opens the door that guy and make sure whether you want to arm her or get her mace give her some way to defend herself if this guy goes crazy while your not home. I would also mention to either management or whomever in in charge of the property the weird dealing with the guy. As mentioned do not bring up guns or anything of value to this guy and if anything project to him  you are poor and don't have anything. 

I'm a dentist and can get you all the teeth you want for that $10,000. 

Is this guy originally from Florida?  
Regardless, I wouldn't be nasty hostile to him in case he's not a druggie but just crazy, but I would be hostile or cold enough to get the message across. And, I agree about getting in touch rather forcefully with the condo assn.  

Start peeping on him.

Once he thinks you are the creep he will post on the NewJerseyTweekerCreepForums asking how to get you to leave him alone.

;)

Oh great. Next he'll be knocking on my door wanting to borrow my laptop so he can post to the tweeker forum?!

"I need your help you guys.... Some crazy suburbanite dad wearing black socks with sandals is following me everywhere! It seems like every time I move the curtains he standing there just watching me!"

;)

Wouldn't bother with the mace, but I would keep a big can of wasp spray by the door and maybe another in the house and car where your wife can get it.  That stuff sprays a long way and won't draw any attention just lying around.  It's easy for your wife (and you) to use, makes a great self-defense weapon against someone who isn't otherwise armed and is legal everywhere.  A good shot of it to the face and he'll be down until the cops arrive.

Not a great situation at all.  I would report it to the condo board and the cops even though there isn't much they can do unless he tries something.  Being weird isn't a crime by itself but you need to trust your instincts. 

You also didn't say whether he was a new owner or a tenant.  If a tenant, a call to the owner won't hurt either.  

Good Luck.

There a a lot of people that walk the streets that are "odd".   Our society has attempted to mainstream people with behavioral disorders and require them to be responsible for their own medication.

Protect yourself, have your wife protect herself and your child.  Be vigilant!  But attempt to be rational and compassionate.

It certainly would not hurt to tell this individual that he makes you uncomfortable and to please stay away.

If it becomes a further annoyance contact the police.

Hes got a man crush on you creepy lol. You gotta tell this guy to f-off. Or it could get worse. Especially with having a little one around I would make a statement asap. Get things straight with the freak. Nothing good can come out of communicating with him. Hopefully he'll get kicked out in a couple of months for not paying rent.

Hes got a man crush on you creepy lol. You gotta tell this guy to f-off. Or it could get worse. Especially with having a little one around I would make a statement asap. Get things straight with the freak. Nothing good can come out of communicating with him. Hopefully he'll get kicked out in a couple of months for not paying rent.

No scratch what I posted, probably not the case and this is an annoying and concerning situation to say the least.

Nothing is worse than not being comfortable in your own home. Your home is supposed to be your castle.

You're best off telling the guy "I know you're new here but you creep me out. You asked me for money and then you knocked on my door. Don't talk to me or my wife and don't knock on my door. Just because we live in same building doesn't mean we are friends. Have a nice life but keep me out of it".

I think you will feel better if you get that off your chest. That way you know he knows. Good luck.

The idea is from a movie, but it sounds like a fun experiment:

If he's such a hot mess and owes money to people... lend him $20.  Obviously he can't/won't pay you back, so ask him about it whenever you see him.  Maybe he'll start hiding from you.

Cue Chaz Palminteri

The idea is from a movie, but it sounds like a fun experiment:

If he's such a hot mess and owes money to people... lend him $20.  Obviously he can't/won't pay you back, so ask him about it whenever you see him.  Maybe he'll start hiding from you.

Cue Chaz Palminteri

I ve been employing this strategy sucesfully since that movie came out and i saw Chaz do it.

Calogero is elegible for parole in 2014

Nothing is worse than not being comfortable in your own home. Your home is supposed to be your castle.

You're best off telling the guy "I know you're new here but you creep me out. You asked me for money and then you knocked on my door. Don't talk to me or my wife and don't knock on my door. Just because we live in same building doesn't mean we are friends. Have a nice life but keep me out of it".

I think you will feel better if you get that off your chest. That way you know he knows. Good luck.

agree, whatever happened to talking directly to people and stating your position?  Tell him to not cross paths with you, your family and the like.  Keep out of your way and business and you'll do the same. 

Kind of reminds me of a guy in my apartment complex. Often when ever I am working on my truck, he will walk up and just watch me, and not say a single word. I'll say something like "Do you need any thing?" In a friendly manner and he'll say "Nope" and just continue to watch me, It's definitely a bit creepy. I noticed he'll stand there and watch any one working on their cars, though usually I will see him talking with the person working on their car a bit. So the him not talking to me might be because he is the type of person that does not start or lead a conversation, which is the way I am myself, so it ends up just being an awkward silence.

There is another guy in my apartment complex that often will ask me for some money between 5-20 bucks once every 2 to 3  weeks, which I usually give him. After about two months he always pays me back all the money that I lent him up to that point. than like 3 weeks he is asking to borrow money again. Since he always pays me back I continue to loan him the money.