Howard

IDPA / USPSA - how do I get better ???

Did my training with Aaron today, and millsan1 nailed it on his comments.  Boy did I learn a lot about shooting in general and tactics for competition.  When we were all done he had me shooting "worse" which was actually great.  My biggest problem was being too slow and trying to be perfect.  When we started out I had all alphas, but my time really sucked.  By the time we were done I had a couple of Charlies, but my hit factor was better by two full points having taken six seconds off my time.  I really have a much better understanding of how to continue to improve now and can't wait to continue practicing what I learned.  I would highly recommend this to anyone out there.

Did my training with Aaron today, and millsan1 nailed it on his comments.  Boy did I learn a lot about shooting in general and tactics for competition.  When we were all done he had me shooting "worse" which was actually great.  My biggest problem was being too slow and trying to be perfect.  When we started out I had all alphas, but my time really sucked.  By the time we were done I had a couple of Charlies, but my hit factor was better by two full points having taken six seconds off my time.  I really have a much better understanding of how to continue to improve now and can't wait to continue practicing what I learned.  I would highly recommend this to anyone out there.

Trust me, it's better that you break any bad habits you have now. It's only harder later. You'll be much better starting with a strong platform and fundamentals in the long run