Lalo

33 Of Your Childhood Toys That Are Worth A Fortune Now

http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/childhood-toys-that-are-worth-a-fortune-now

Who knows, the article could be completely bogus, but it just got me thinking about all the toys I had as a kid that I just threw out/donated when I got into High School and didn't have the room for it. After looking at this list, here are the items I had:

• Game Boy (Who didn't have this?)
  • Tamagotchis (I actually recently found this again. I got it from a friend whose father worked for Bandai. Said it was a special version or something. I have to look it up)
  • GI Joes (My favorite was Sci-Fi)
  • Classic Super Soaker (I hated when I over-pumped it so much that it leaked and ultimately broke)
  • Sega Genesis (Went from Nintendo to Genesis to Super Nintendo so Playstation. Skipped the rest.)
  • Tech Decks (Never had these, but back in 6th grade when I was a wannabe skater, I actually fabricated miniature skateboards out of cardboard, crazy glue and round pencil erasers as wheels and used to sell them for $5 each. I should have patented the idea)
  • Micro Machines (I remember picking them up by the handfulls)
  • He-Mans (Had plenty of these as well, got my first one when I was 6 or 7)

Anyone else remember any of these?

I do remember those old realistic-looking toy cap guns that were magazine-fed by a long strip of (13 or so) caps.  I think I had a Makarov.  It looked a lot like this:

http://moretoyguns.com/MoreToyGuns/product/4631P.html

Those are maybe toys of your childhood, but not mine. How about those of us that are old enough to remember Greenie Stick'em Caps and Shoot'n Shells. Fanner 50's, Duncan Yoyos and tops. Hula hoops - the first time around. A Davey Crockett coon skin cap with a tail and on and on and on.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I'm going to assume that these items have to be in new, unopened condition to sell for anywhere near what those ebay posts show. Otherwise, great for a nostalgia trip. I remember nearly everything off that list, and I think I still have some of those power ranger figures in my attic.

Those are maybe toys of your childhood, but not mine. How about those of us that are old enough to remember Greenie Stick'em Caps and Shoot'n Shells. Fanner 50's, Duncan Yoyos and tops. Hula hoops - the first time around. A Davey Crockett coon skin cap with a tail and on and on and on.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Here, Here.  Us Ralphie Parkers of the world had Lincoln Logs, Erector Sets, of course our Red Ryders, and Lionel Trains.

I do remember those old realistic-looking toy cap guns that were magazine-fed by a long strip of (13 or so) caps.  I think I had a Makarov.  It looked a lot like this:

http://moretoyguns.com/MoreToyGuns/product/4631P.html

I still have that toy, it didn't have the obnoxious red cap sticking out though, it just had a small red ring insert that you couldn't see from the profile.  Man I loved that PPK as a kid.  The coolest part, aside from how real it looked for a toy was that there was a little blade that would chop the individual caps off as you shot, so instead of a 13 round strip of plastic coming out of the top, it would look more like shell casings ejecting.  So cool. 

My Sega Genesis is still sitting on a shelf in a closet right now. With Madden '94 and NBA Jam ready to lock & load. 

Not new condition, of course, so it would probaly fetch.... oh..... at least $5 at a garage sale. So I'm now planning my retirement. How exciting!

How about AFX slot cars. The closest thing to real!!

Yep, still have a bunch of them,  track still set up at my moms basement and HO trains are still set up also all the Lionel trains are packed up..

32 scale slot cars are packed up also..

cox cars and air planes, had the jeep, beetle and a dragster.. still have the air car that is at moms too..Shrike thats what it is called..they were fun toys..

Here, Here.  Us Ralphie Parkers of the world had Lincoln Logs, Erector Sets, of course our Red Ryders, and Lionel Trains.

I'm of the GameBoy generation but loved lincoln logs and Erector Sets.

Favorite by far was the old school all steel Tonka trucks with the sharp edges. I had countless hours of fun with those and still have most of them at my parents house!

I just sold 24 original Hot Wheels cars from 1968-1971 for close to $1,000. I still have 48 more but the wife is complaining we have enough guns so back in the closet they go. The Hot Wheels not the guns.

i looked up my old pokemon cards recently wanting to clear out the case i kept them in and knowing Charizard was always the most expensive i went to that first.. $27 and thats what a company is selling it for. some random guy trying to sell off his collection would be lucky to get $20 IMO. so yea $650 with 18 offers. i bet the offers are $10-$15.

I bought my little brother that charzard for Christmas years ago.

I've had quite a few of them.

Game boy, sega genesis, heman, gi joe, cabbage patch kid, furby, super soaker, transformers, micro machines, teddy ruxpin, pound puppy and beanie baby