rayroka

S&W 686 plus 3"

Just purchased a new 686 plus 3" on gunbroker.com! I can't wait until it arrives at my local FFL in a few days. Any 686 owners out there want to share their experience or thoughts on them?

I'll post a pic just as soon as I have it in my hands!

Ray

Well I have a 686+ 4" and love it.  Most accurate gun I have shot.  Feels like you are shooting a .22 when you use it with 38 special, feels like a cannon when you load it up with .357 magnum :)

A excellent firearm and on the wish list of many of this forum's members,including mine.The balance,performance and ergonomics are excellent and with some sexy grips a thing of beauty.Enjoy.

Thanks people!

I have been trying to find a 3" for a while. 4" seems to be around as a few local shops have them. I ended up jumping on it because my already extended permit expires in a month. The guy had 3 yesterday and 1 left today. Figured it was time!

Ray

Just purchased a new 686 plus 3" on gunbroker.com!

Is your 686 part of the run of Talo specials? It would have wood grips with the numerals 3-5-7 within the stippled area of the grip.

Is your 686 part of the run of Talo specials? It would have wood grips with the numerals 3-5-7 within the stippled area of the grip.

Nope not the Talo Edition. Had one eyed up but it disappeared off gunbroker yesterday. 

Had one but regretted not getting it in a longer barrel as I intended to use it for target shooting. In general I like short barreled guns and even have a Ruger Alaskan in .454 Casull. However for target shooting I prefer long barrels. The gun itself is well made and a very good gun but just did not fit my intended use for it. I am sure you will enjoy it. In case you think I do not like short barrel heavy guns, this is one of my range toys. They can be fun and do absorb the recoil. Not as accurate at long distances for me and that was why I ended up with a 5" barrel Ruger GP100 for target shooting.

alaskan454-0441.jpg