bulpup

Sara Silverman - Black NRA - funny or die?

Whatevers.

Typical Funny or Die stuff. Not very ('funny', that is).

Btw... isn't there already a Black NRA? Bloods..... Crips. Don't those "organizations" already cover that need??

Because I don't get it; is Sarah saying that guns are only for white people? (and white hispanics?)

It's all so confusing.

And before anyone gets their panties all into a twist, yes... I do actually get it; It's funny for the children! Tee-hee.

BS like this Broad isn't even on my radar screen.  How dare she discriminate against Asians, Beaners, Heebs, Wops, Spics, Krauts, Micks and everybody else!  Don't THEY all deserve their own NRA too?

Disgusting satire!  NOT funny!  And she points a gun at her face?  YUK!

I haven't watched it, because I'm sure it'll put my blood in a boil seeing that.

I do find it funny though, playing off the stereotypes of gun owners as being racist. Because, if there's one group of people, that in my experience, can put  differences aside and really get along, it's the firearm community.

It's similar to something I've noticed amongst other catholics. At first, neither person knows that the other likes guns, but when it comes up, CLICK, all of a sudden both people are talking about their favorite guns, talking about what ranges they go to, stuff like that.  I can't tell you how many times I've had customers find out I'm a fellow firearms enthusiest, and they'd stand at the register for 20 minutes or so talking to me. I actually referred one to the forums the other day, not sure if he joined or not.

As a black man who loves firearms living in a very rough city amongst a lot of scared and confused people, I find that video deplorable. I feel that it is irresponsible, predatorial and not funny. Why? A lot of people, particularly black people in the inner cities are ashamed of wanting or even having a curiosity about obtaining legal firearms. I see this on a daily basis. I try to engage my neighbors about this subject and they are absolutely fearful and confused as to why normal people would need them or want them. The so called comedians who participated in this video especially homeboy from the Chi should have had some sense to recognize it for what it was but the need for 5 mins of fame and ignorance is irresistible. I'm not a race sensitive person but this video hit a nerve with me.