Templar

Extended quad rail help anyone make a

Does any company make an extended quad rail that would fit on a carbine other then UTG The Stag Upper I have has a lower then the handguard gas block any advice would be a great help.

Are pancakes and waffles made from the same stuff? If so why does one cost more?

Does any company make an extended quad rail that would fit on a carbine other then UTG The Stag Upper I have has a lower then the handguard gas block any advice would be a great help.

Dude, stop posting from your phone while driving 80mph on the highway.

Seriously though, what are you talking about? Talking about a two piece carbine lenght quad rail whose top rail is continuous with the upper a'la DD Omega? This would fit between the front sight base and the delta ring.

133317.jpg

Or are you referring to a free float rail that goes on top of the gas block where the delta ring is eliminated? If you can elaborate a little better, more people will help.

Troy’s revolutionary new free float two-piece modular and quad rail drop in rail system requires no Gunsmithing to install, requires no modification to the firearm, has two built in Q.D swivel mounts, and free floats the barrel for improved accuracy. This two-piece rail system installs in minutes and offers and extended forearm while allowing the user to keep the existing fixed front sight post. The Charlie rail system features four full-length Picatinny rails with an extended tube past the fixed front sight. Troy’s new drop-in free-float rails are built off a rock solid rotary clamping system; do not require removal of the delta ring, barrel nut or fixed front sight. Troy’s new Drop-in free float rails are the easiest to install, and most versatile free float system available on the market.

Taken from their site....

This install is easy. Goes on like a regular handguards then bolts the upper and lower half together.

Blksheep, I just like the standard front sight. It is solid with a good gas block, it is attached directly to the barrel so I don't have to worry about the rail geting knocked out of whack, it is always up - one less thing to do in the event the dot dies, I can use it with the optic's tube as a rough ghost ring, and I honestly don't even "see" it anymore when looking through my optics.

I really see no reason to not have it.

I do have the parts for my next build to be slick up top - so we will see how that goes.

I am thinking of the same build.

I have the DD upper mated to a STAG lower, Middy with the Omega Rail and an ACOG...with the FSP.

I am thinking another build...maybe with another Stage lower, BCM or DD upper with that 13" FF Troy rail or DD's rail and an Aimpoint PRO.

In theory, a rail mounted sight can move if enough stress is placed on the rail, affecting zero.  A FSB is pinned to the barrel and the handguard being free floated is the best of both worlds.

Yeah it is beyond theory though, it happens and it is pretty easy to test out by applying some pressure the hand guard like propping against a vertical post or something.

The other option is to mount a flip front sight in front of an extended handguard if your barrel profile and length allows it. Basically take your  favorite  flip-up that comes with a gas block, and just mount in in front of the handguard, without being an actual gas block. If your barrel profile is right, this works, specially if you use the kind that has screws at the bottom, dimple the barrel and locktite the screws in place.