mikka1

Practical use of GSSF membership in NJ

Almost 2 months into the wait for FID & 2 P2Ps I already started to look into handgun options. I am relatively sure that the first one I'll get will be Glock 19, so I started comparing offers for it online and finally ran into GSSF website with its "members only" pricing for 1 Glock per year. It lists Glock 19 there for $425 which is nowhere near any other offers I have looked into even after adding NJ sales tax (e.g. budsgunshop.com sells it for ~$535).

The only thing that bother me is if it is really that easy to find a local FFL dealer that will honor this price in NJ? I tried to look for a Glock dealer at http://us.glock.com, and it seems that there is a plenty of them in NJ even pretty close to where I live, but I'd rather prefer to ask you here if you had positive experience with this GSSF pricing. Seems like a sweet deal to subscribe for 2 years and have a chance to buy 2 Glocks (one now, one - next year) with more than $100 effective discount on each...

And another question - how long do those GSSF applications usually take? If I send the form now, when can I realistically expect all the stuff from them to come? (I can obviously call them and ask, but again it's interesting how it works in reality)

And as far as we started on GSSF - are those memberships really good for anything else except for buying a handgun?

Thanks a lot!

When you get your coupon in a year you can buy the gun at discounted price.

Bulethole used to be a dealer for GSSF , maybe they still are.

I know that RTSP in Randolph is now as they posted it on this forum.

They take the coupon and give you a discounted price plus tax and NICS.

So it's around $470 out the door. Also, if you sign up for one year, you get the coupon in the second year. You have to sign up for two years to get a coupon.

The GSD is not very quick, so you need to join at least 3 months prior to planning to buy a Glock through gssf

So it's around $470 out the door. Also, if you sign up for one year, you get the coupon in the second year. You have to sign up for two years to get a coupon.

The GSD is not very quick, so you need to join at least 3 months prior to planning to buy a Glock through gssf

Yes, I read that I have to sign up at least for 2 years ($60) in order to get a coupon "right away". Anyway, $470 final is better than $535 online + transfer fee + NICS etc.

So is it really 3 months that they take to send all the papers? ("welcome kit", coupon etc.?) Or is it based on some other limitations?

I still don't have a FID and based on some reports here it might take my local PD up to 6 months to issue it :-) ...

Yes, I read that I have to sign up at least for 2 years ($60) in order to get a coupon "right away". Anyway, $470 final is better than $535 online + transfer fee + NICS etc.

So is it really 3 months that they take to send all the papers? ("welcome kit", coupon etc.?) Or is it based on some other limitations?

I still don't have a FID and based on some reports here it might take my local PD up to 6 months to issue it :-) ...

It takes a while. There are only a few people that handle the memberships. You could sign up now if you want. They don't ask for fid info. My daughter is a member and uses one of my glocks to shoot the match.

There membership also allows you to shoot in their matches and they give away some pretty descent stuff (guns,knives and money) in random drawings. They also give the winners in each division a pistol. The matches are around here CJ has on as well as a few in Pa. (Topton and I think another one). The matches are pretty good and can be shot pretty quickly.

This video shows the stages

I don't know if that's Topton or not. I just got the first video that showed the stages. I went to one of the matches and they had a side match called the Gunny Challenge.  I think it was just running the plate rack but not sure. The Glock match at CJ is always well run and the Ro's are always very nice, it's a great first match no pressure and lots of help by the RO's

I RO at the CJ match and we have a lot of fun as RO's.

You get to meet a lot of cool people and great shooters. Its interesting to go through the scores after you've watched somebody shoot in different classes and see how they placed.

RTSP

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/58355-glock-blue-label-firearms-now-available-at-rtsp/?hl=gssf#entry746989

I takes about two months for GSSF welcome kit to arrive.  Your first coupon will be included with it, if you do 2-yr membership.   Coupon expires at the end of your membership.  You also get some nice swag like a velcro patch hat.

Other things to consider:  Blue label Glocks come with three mags (except for subcompacts which come with two).  Also, GSSF membership is a CMP affiliate if you want to get a Garand, etc. from CMP.

Thanks everyone, just e-mailed my application for 2 years membership to GSSF.

Spoke with a very nice lady on the phone before that, she told me that it currently takes anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks to receive a kit from them which is perfectly fine if true. I'm more worried about my FID now :-)

BTW, just out of curiosity, if they give away handguns as prizes on their competitions, how do they go around policies of NJ and some other states with P2Ps and other stuff required to take posession over a firearm? :-) Or is it just a nice expression "they give away guns" and they actually give vouchers or any other equivalents?

I used to shoot GSSF, but haven't in about 10 years. I won a gun at one match. They give you a voucher.

I didn't know RTSP was a GSSF dealer. If you get a Glock from them through GSSF do they have to special order it? I've heard blue label Glocks have a really long waiting list, 6-12 months for some models. Anyone know the GSSF price for a Gen 4 G34?

===== FYI on timelines ===== (will update this post once I get the stuff):

2013/09/12 - emailed a 2-year initial application form to GSSF

2013/09/13 - GLOCK PROFESSIONAL INC charged my credit card for $60

(...) (updated)

2013/09/28 (or around that date, can't remember exactly) - got my welcome kit - membership card + 1 detachable coupon, GSSP baseball cap, a couple of stickers, Glock magazine and several other publications re GSSF competitions (maybe I missed something).

Coupon was valid until 2015 (I thought it will be only valid until the end of 2013)

Are the coupon prices the same as the blue label pricing LEO's get?

AFAIK, Yes. 

BTW, maybe you know this already, but you need to check if:

a) a gun store you want to make a purchase in actually carries "blue label" Glock items. Apparently not all gun stores do this (I think it depends on the way how they stock Glock items, but I might be wrong here; e.g. RTSP does for sure and apparently has quite decent selection)

b) they have one you want in "blue label" pricing in stock

Mind that they won't be able to just take another Glock (without Blue label) from the shelf and sell it to you at a "blue label" price! It has to be "blue labeled" from factory.