tj462nj

Seaside Heights Fire

Just saw that it went from a 3 alarm fire to a 6 alarm fire...ambers are setting other buildings on fire due to the strong winds....a damn shame as if they didnt have enough damage from Sandy.

Shore towns are going to have a steady go of electrical fires over ht next few decades due to this storm. Not saying this was the cause, but electrical wire that did not get replaced after being submerged will pose serious corrosion risk and worse case fire. Going to be a busy time for all FD's in the coming years.

in b4 "where is that Lt's air pack"?

yep, and they dumped alot of fema funds into the boardwalk, and how many homes are still waiting for insurance money?

Well, I know a lot of homes are waiting for insurance money through flood insurance. Now if it catches fire I wonder if then your claim can be sent in through home owners insurance....hmmmmm

Well, I know a lot of homes are waiting for insurance money through flood insurance. Now if it catches fire I wonder if then your claim can be sent in through home owners insurance....hmmmmm

yes but what i am getting at our flood ins is covered by fema, a major chunk of that money was spent on boardwalks and other tourist attractions while homes have not been paid out by their policy... im betting still over 60%

Does this actually surprise anyone? A crappy tourist season after thousands to rebuild? Oh darn a fire, we're outta here. Too bad about all the secondary damage from one person having enough and taking the easy way out.

The firefighters in town believe it started at kohrs ice cream. If thats the case it def wasnt set intentionally. Known the family that owns them for years they wouldnt do that.

Im gona go with bad wiring or something similar.

The firefighters in town believe it started at kohrs ice cream. If thats the case it def wasnt set intentionally. Known the family that owns them for years they wouldnt do that.

Im gona go with bad wiring or something similar.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2013/09/christie_cancels_event_heads_to_seaside_park_as_fire_rages.html#incart_river_default

I don't know the family,  but that fire doesn't look like a typical building fire.

Jack n bills, marucas, 3 brothers, beachcomber. That's all I know of as of now.

Jack and Bills was kinda crappy, but I'm pretty upset about Marucas. Sad irony is, both of their places (old one, and new one where the beach comber was) probably burned.

BTW, what occupied Marucas old store this summer? I never made it down...

Jack and Bills was kinda crappy, but I'm pretty upset about Marucas. Sad irony is, both of their places (old one, and new one where the beach comber was) probably burned.

BTW, what occupied Marucas old store this summer? I never made it down...

No idea. I didn't make it over either, went to point and LBI this year.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2013/09/christie_cancels_event_heads_to_seaside_park_as_fire_rages.html#incart_river_default

I don't know the family, but that fire doesn't look like a typical building fire.

I duno anything about fires except what boy scouts taught me. I hope it was an accident. If it was intentional whoever did it just ruined lots of ppls lives. The owners of Park Seafood are family friends and it is completely gone.

Someone comented earlier about storm damaged wiring.  I dont know that this is the cause here but the poster is correct.  Electrical fires at the shore are going to be like a plague over the next few years.  From witness accounts the fire seemed to start under the boardwalk.  There isnt much under there that can start a fire by itself other than electrical wiring that is most likely storm damaged if it has not been replaced.  The only other likely cause I can see is a careless smoker.  I hope everyone makes it out OK by the time tis fire is out. 

Ken

Does this actually surprise anyone?  A crappy tourist season after thousands to rebuild?  Oh darn a fire,  we're outta here.  Too bad about all the secondary damage from one person having enough and taking the easy way out.

Funny you say this, but this was the topic of conversation with my wife and I at dinner last night.  It's the 1st thing that came to mind.

I just hope this isn't another opportunity for tax-dollar hand-outs to those impacted.  I feel bad for them, sad that it happened and wish them nothing but the best................. but not at my expense................................. again.

I just hope this isn't another opportunity for tax-dollar hand-outs to those impacted.  I feel bad for them, sad that it happened and wish them nothing but the best................. but not at my expense................................. again.

I'm with you 110%.  No more government handouts.  If you are too dumb or too cheap to buy your own insurance then too darn bad!  We need to get back to personal responsibility.

1st thing that went thru my mind last night during the press conference --  "We will rebuild"  -- I have my own issues to deal with, I'm tired of this "we" thing