18Steel

AR Stock Question

Ok so I recently completed building a couple of AR's. I couldn't believe how easy it was, of course with the right tools. They are all mil-spec and my next step is trying to figure out what do about stocks. Not a big fan of fixed stocks, maybe because I don't know enough to find a cool one or one that functions well. With that being said here are my questions:

What adjustable stocks can you pin successfully without totally butchering the stocks? Magpul has a lot to choose from but some don't look like they would be able to be pinned.

If I go with a fixed stock what would you guys recommend?

Maybe some pics of your rifles for reference if possible....

Thanks in advance people

For fixed stocks, I like the Fulton Armory A1. It is shorter than the standard A2, which I find too long for anything but bench shooting. Another option is the Cav Arms C1. If you want to go short, the Sully entry stock is nice.

For those with 6-position M4's, what "setting" do you normally pin it at?

one that matches the shooters style... and size.. 

when I shoot from a bench my stock is normally bumped a couple of clicks back... so if I was building a gun that was primarily a bench gun I would pin accordingly....

when I shoot run and gun with a chest rig and body armor the stock is fully collapsed so if I was personally building a run and gun setup it would be just about completely closed...

there is no standard answer... 

For those with 6-position M4's, what "setting" do you normally pin it at?

for me its the second position from fully closed.. Like Vlad said its a preference call but second position gives me a good mix between good cheek weld (not quite nose to charging handle) and maneuverability.