Sign in to follow this  
343gremlin

anyone using unique in .40 ???

hey guys, new to reloading here. looked in my manual and did plenty of searches online and really can't come up with a definitive data for loading .40 with berrys flat point 165gr and unique powder. does anybody have any experience with this combo or some load data they can share? thanks much. by the way, these will be plinking rounds, im heating looking for starting load.

If they are the thickplated bullets I have done that load before.  I started at 5gn unique and worked up to 7gn.  I got decent results at about 6.6gn.  The thick plated bullets can be loaded almost to the FMJ loading data. 

Enjoy

Ken

I used unique for a while in 9mm, i had plenty of it at the time as i used it for my upland game loads in 12ga.. being a very dirty powder i switched to aa #5 for pistol I only had two handguns at the time..

from alliants website..

http://www.alliantpowder.com/reloaders/RecipePrint.aspx?gtypeid=1&weight=165&shellid=29&bulletid=41&bdid=113

thanks for the info. I started making a light load at 5.2gr, shot very well with light to moderate recoil. at least I know I have some room to play now, and its always a plus I didn't kill myself with my first batch! haha

When in doubt, go light.  But not so light as to cause a bore obstruction!

Ken