Minimalist

Best range in northern NJ for a noob

Not sure if they have any HK's to rent but speaking from experience RTSP is an excellant place to go if you are a new shooter. I would recommend them to anyone interested in shooting. 

Great shop, great staff, and a top notch facility.

Once the expansion construction is finished it will be the best facility in NJ

Not sure about the rentals, but a new shooter will be made to feel quite comfortable at either RTSP or the Gun for Hire range in Woodland Park. If you have not shot before, I would strongly recommend a First Steps Pistol class, which is available at either place.

I've never been at RSTP so I can't comment but I know very well Woodland Park facilities and staff. I think is a very friendly place for a new shooter in a top of the line range. You won't be disappointed or intimidated in this place. Have a great time at any place you choose to go!

Just curious why you want an HK if you never shot any guns before? I hope your logic isn't the most $$ = best gun. Glock and Beretta are half the price for the same reliability and quality. Not to mention mags and accessories are more available and cheaper for Glock and Beretta.

Just curious why you want an HK if you never shot any guns before? I hope your logic isn't the most $$ = best gun. Glock and Beretta are half the price for the same reliability and quality. Not to mention mags and accessories are more available and cheaper for Glock and Beretta.

Aren't there some 1911's that are way more than HK's? It has nothing to do with the money. I like the look of the gun and I like how all I've read is that they are some of the most reliable guns people have and they have no problems with just about any kind of ammo. At the end of the day I just want what I think looks good and functions well without any problems. I'm not overly concerned with the cost of mags.

I had originally want a sig p226 or p229.

new shooters have to watch a quick saftey video and a range officer can assist you with everything you need, They had a few different ones, some reason the web inventory doesnt match in store, and the inv rental books have slight differences in inventory

Not sure how convenient it is to you, but Heritage Guild in Easton, PA has bunch of H&K handguns to try out. As everyone else has said, you can't go wrong with RTSP or Woodland Park. Just keep in mind that RTSP has long waits on weekends, but hopefully that will change with their expansion.

Not sure how convenient it is to you, but Heritage Guild in Easton, PA has bunch of H&K handguns to try out. As everyone else has said, you can't go wrong with RTSP or Woodland Park. Just keep in mind that RTSP has long waits on weekends, but hopefully that will change with their expansion.

I'm unemployed right now so weekdays are good too.  I have some extra time on my hands.  I'd be open to taking a trip out to Easton it's not that far.  A little over an hour.  They have a bunch so that's probably where I'm going to go.  

Is it a problem to try out 3-4 guns in one visit?  Is that poor etiquette? 

I don't know the policy at Heritage Guild. I know at RTSP, they let you switch guns as long as it's the same caliber, but if you switch to a different caliber, they charge an additional gun rental fee. Woodland Park charges a separate gun rental fee for each gun regardless, though they'll be understanding if you fire a few shots on a rental and hate it for whatever reason.