HuntingPaper

NYC "finest" in action again...

Yeah. You two have totally destroyed every objective concept that I could ever conjur about THIS PARTICULAR issue.

Bridges. Roofers.

Nice comebacks.

Hard to argue with those two unrelated issues, so... I won't.

Unbelievable.

227 posts in?........you really have to pace yourself on this forum or you'll be a basket case before your 300'th post. easy Tiger...........

you are making yourself look bad and ignorant with this 5th grade rebuttal

in case you missed it;

bureau of labor and statistic.

Most police are killed in car accidents with nearly half not being on the job. 

As for roofers, 3x as many on disability for accidents than police and 34 per 100k killed on the job vs police at 12 per 100k. 

you really want to go down this road or would you like to actually have a factual discussion?

Then lets police our towns/cities/nation with roofers.

I'm sure that they would never drive a nail wrong, nor would they ever make a bad judgement about dealing with everyday policing issues.

And thanks for the 6th grade education.

Btw, I'm not ignorant. I just possess a different opinion than you. Yeesh.

Then lets police our towns/cities/nation with roofers.

I'm sure that they would never drive a nail wrong, nor would they ever make a bad judgement about dealing with everyday policing issues.

And thanks for the 6th grade education.

Btw, I'm not ignorant. I just possess a different opinion than you. Yeesh.

it has nothing to do with your opinion but how you are presenting it. 

Look at my posts, I've stated more than once that there are human elements and varying impacts on individual stress tolerances that can impact the outcome.  That is absolutely to be expected as I stated but you must have missed that. 

Oh... the number of post matter???

How sad.

Yep......like years on the job ...it matters. we don't know you after only now 229 posts,like it or not it's reality.

Yeah. You two have totally destroyed every objective concept that I could ever conjur about THIS PARTICULAR issue.

Bridges. Roofers.

Nice comebacks.

Hard to argue with those two unrelated issues, so... I won't.

Unbelievable.

It makes perfect sense if you just consider a police officer a job and not an anointment from god. Because it is just a job. And the officer is just a person. I could get info how the job can lure predators in because of the "power" but its an argument that I just don't feel like getting into.

It makes perfect sense if you just consider a police officer a job and not an anointment from god. Because it is just a job. And the officer is just a person. I could get info how the job can lure predators in because of the "power" but its an argument that I just don't feel like getting into.

"anointment from God"??????????

Wow..... Who said that??????

I didn't go there, so please lets not associate me with that kind of statement in any way.

If anyone wants to twist my words or my opinions, lets please not twist them to levels that have nothng to do with my actual statements.

I may have only 231 posts here on this forum, but I've lived life longer than I've been a member here.... so I'd appreciate some degree of respect for that, at least.

In my job I don't have anyone that pays for my training or anything that pertains to keep my knowledge of my job up. I pay for all of the classes I take and all the books I read so that I can do the job that I do and do it well. So if a cop only was to qualify once or twice a years with a gun that doesn't seem right, as we all know going to the range and shooting some paper is much of a test.

I know if I would of made such a mistake at my job I would of been fired and well I would probably expect it. There should be no doubt if you draw your gun and you miss your target and hit another person not involved in the issue then you have screwed up royally and need to be fired. I think it's pretty cut and dry

In my job I don't have anyone that pays for my training or anything that pertains to keep my knowledge of my job up. I pay for all of the classes I take and all the books I read so that I can do the job that I do and do it well. So if a cop only was to qualify once or twice a years with a gun that doesn't seem right, as we all know going to the range and shooting some paper is much of a test.

I know if I would of made such a mistake at my job I would of been fired and well I would probably expect it. There should be no doubt if you draw your gun and you miss your target and hit another person not involved in the issue then you have screwed up royally and need to be fired. I think it's pretty cut and dry

In the military you also don't get the opportunity to get training whenever you feel like it. You get it when they give it to you.

So lets trash the military now too, ok???

C'mon, who's first? Lets trash cops and the military.

Go ahead. who's first? Roofers???

Force all Cops to shoot the Steel match every month that should help.

Seriously, why are these donut heads shooting at an unarmed nut. He post no threat that would justify deadly force. Never mind thier crappy marksmenship.

Grounds for dismisal!

PS...Pls note I made no reference to Cops in general, the vast majorit which are great...But these shooters should find another line of work. Can't afford to make these kind of mistakes in this line'o-busness. We are very lucky someone wasn't killed.

So as someone with something relevant to say.  I work in that area and it scares the fuck out of me that a police officer can draw his weapon and miss his intended target, it could have been me that day and it could have been fatal.  I walk that exact intersection of 42nd and 8th every day to get to Port Authority and there are a fuck ton of crazy people there.  Homeless with mental issues, loonies that were just released from Bellevue, stranded tourists that have lost it with the rough ass neighborhood.  It can be a circus there sometimes with the pedestrian traffic.

1.) The trigger pull requirement needs to go away, N.Y.C. has failed to prove its point, in fact it went in the exact opposite direction.
2.) The P.A. and NYPD cops have a rough ass time (so I cut them some slack for that).  That is the most trafficked part or the city, it sucks.
3.) Knowing that there is poor marksmanship among the NYPD due to the trigger issues, all officers should be issued a taSer.
4.) Bloomberg can stop spending money in political races in other states and literally afford every NYPD cop a taser.

It really scares me to work in the city now a days, I think I need more work at home days.

Ok, Ok, Here is my 3 point plan for NYPD - toung in cheek but much truth to it:

1. Switch the NYPD platform from glock ( i guess) to 1911. Cocked and locked at least that thumb safty will give them a split micr-second to either decide it might not require a shoot, or at least take better aim. (not to mention the better trigger).
  2. Have all NYPD study this link and be regirously tested on it every 6 months: (Note all the Tabs not just the intro!): http://www.bullseyepistol.com/zeninfo.htm
  3. As stipulated above require all NYPD to shoot the Monthly-Steel Match.

:-).

This is all BS. Of course there's a different standard for a professional vs civilian. The fact that there is a 12 lb trigger means that someone with limited real world experience put a "policy" in place. The person who implemented this policy should bear responsibility for the consequences. As a manager in my company I bear the burden of my direct reports. Why is this different? Shooting a bystander in the line of duty is really appalling, if a surgeon kills a patient there are repercussions......I hope these officers and the higher ups feel the pain, I can't imagine being shot in the middle of time square by an officer !!!!!!! That's messed up.

In the military you also don't get the opportunity to get training whenever you feel like it. You get it when they give it to you.

So lets trash the military now too, ok???

C'mon, who's first? Lets trash cops and the military.

Go ahead. who's first? Roofers???

The Military trains everyday. I didn't trash the cops. I said the guy that shot two women should be fired. Reading is fundamental. No one here will trash the military. I train on my personal time and from your reply it seems like you never even thought of doing that.

Ok. Thanks

I don't know you either. it's a big forum.

But if this is the rule here... well.......

It's not the rule, it's a contributing factor.  You saunter in here with your internet muscles amongst the rest of the forum which, typical with society, boasts a bell shaped curve of intelligence, maturity, and ability to clearly articulate points without getting butt hurt.  A few people are on the left side of the curve (unable to function), a few people are on the right side of the curve (above average), and there's this vastness "average-ness" in the middle.  Grow up, grow a pair, realize that everything is not a personal attack on YOU when people start attacking "all cops", and let it go man.

I don't attack cops for the stupid 12 lb trigger rule in NYC - that's a function of bureaucrats.  But I fully believe that once you pull your weapon on duty that you are bound by a code of honor and human ethics to follow three of the four rules, know your target AND BEYOND, keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to shoot, and never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.  By these same rules, all gun users, IMO are bound.  By the same token, IMO, monday morning quarterbacking a situation at Times Square, I believe these guys failed.

Yes, issue them tasers and pepper spray as a first line.

The Military trains everyday. I didn't trash the cops. I said the guy that shot two women should be fired. Reading is fundamental. No one here will trash the military. I train on my personal time and from your reply it seems like you never even thought of doing that.

forget that kid, he's far too emotional and ignorant to have an informed discussion.

He's the kind of kid that get's threads locked

What military trains every day? Unless you shoot a handgun every week its a perishable skill.

It seems however that some cops are unwilling to train on their own time and their own dime.  I know others however that DO take their own time and money and attend training classes.  Now, if departmental rules prohibit such (for whatever reason), to me, that's freaking utter stupidity. 

This is all BS. Of course there's a different standard for a professional vs civilian. The fact that there is a 12 lb trigger means that someone with limited real world experience put a "policy" in place. The person who implemented this policy should bear responsibility for the consequences. As a manager in my company I bear the burden of my direct reports. Why is this different? Shooting a bystander in the line of duty is really appalling, if a surgeon kills a patient there are repercussions......I hope these officers and the higher ups feel the pain, I can't imagine being shot in the middle of time square by an officer !!!!!!! That's messed up.

+10 - can't suger coat this ---Fire the negleget cops...The follow my 3 point plan above so it dosn't hapen in the future.

What I think is that they should train like the Military to become more proficient. Wait you guys do want that. Ok we will give them Military like simulators to train in these situations.

Wait that won't work either, you guys don't want that.

So Barney Fife it is.

What I think is that they should train like the Military to become more proficient. Wait you guys do want that. Ok we will give them Military like simulators to train in these situations.

Wait that won't work either, you guys don't want that.

So Barney Fife it is.

Way to twist words.

They want them training often like like military. That's just an example. But not military tactics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD