Bully

Does Your Spouse Have Access?

Nope.

No room for jewelry, etc.

When/if she ever wants to learn to shoot and can safely handle firearms she's welcome. But as a responsible firearms owner it would be irresponsible to allow access to the goods in there to anyone untrained or unfamiliar - girlfriend, kids, wife, whomever...

Other household items can be secured in a different safe altogether.

She has her own fid and some of her own guns in the safes. Unfettered access. The bio drawer safe as well.

Minimally someone else should know the combo. My lawyer also has it in a sealed envelope in the case of our concurrent demise.

Yes--access to all safes, but she usually forgets and has to ask me for the code.

She just got FID and I have a 9 ordered for her, she also "has" a Beretta 92, which is technically mine.  And I have no worries about her capability and safe handling.

Yes.  We dont have a safe, and we have them strategically placed around the house..  (no kids in our house, like, ever)..  she keeps one in the nightstand on her side and one upstairs in the spare BR when she gets tired of my snoring and goes upstairs....  she will always have access to all of them..  whether or not she knows how to shoot them is another story (once i build up the collection a bit)

I married the Boss Lady over 30 years ago.  I taught her how to shoot a Smith and Wesson .357 Model 19 when we were dating.  She's a Crack Shot with the revolver AND our .44 Mag lever gun.  That SAME revolver I bought with funds from my 1977 HS graduation gift money.  It sits in a place where we can BOTH get to it, and I have several others around the house.  My son use to sleep with a .22 boys rifle under his bed (unloaded).  Taught him how to shoot 20 years ago when he was only 4 yrs. old.  Put the rifle under the bed when he was still in grade school.  Showed him where the ammo was if he ever needed it.  Somehow we all survived.....and my Eagle Scout son made NRA Rifle Expert years ago.  He lives in PA now and his Girlfriend (who we taught how to knock clays out of the sky with his 20 ga. youth model) bought him a gun rack for the apartment last Christmas!

Everybody that enters our home usually sees a muzzleloader turned muzzle-down in our kitchen, draining oil onto a paper towel.  I dry-fire practice in my living room.  

So we're just a Red-Neck, Rootin'-Tootin' SOB-shootin' gun-edumacated family, and DAMN proud of it.

So Chris, does that answer it enough for ya?  LOL!

Dave

Shootist

When I was married she was ambivalent about guns.  She knew how to use them in an emergency, but that's about it.  Then she realized that she could keep her jewelry in the safe and I lost half my space.

I've got most of the safe but lost almost all of the closet.  My wife has a thing for Croc shoes.  I think she might be a lesbian.

Anyway, to the OP, mine has access to the safe.

No, because then she might figure how to get out! j/k

Of course, her's are in there too. Why not? I trust her...

The minute I don't, she goes back in the safe with bread and water till she can be trusted again... ;)

You guys have marriage issues... :)

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

She doesn't shoot but yes she has the combination and keys to all the safes in our home; and yes she knows what I have and what I spent on them.

For you guys using biometric safes, have you tried to open them with bloody fingers? Try it - chocolate syrup makes a decent substitiute for blood. You may be surprised at what the results are.

For you guys using biometric safes, have you tried to open them with bloody fingers? Try it - chocolate syrup makes a decent substitute for blood. You may be surprised at what the results are.

I don't understand why people opt for biometric safes.  Anything I cannot open with a key or push buttons with no reliance on batteries is bogus.  Your keys need to go somewhere at night; keep your safe key on your key ring and stick it in the lock at night.

I don't understand why people opt for biometric safes. Anything I cannot open with a key or push buttons with no reliance on batteries is bogus. Your keys need to go somewhere at night; keep your safe key on your key ring and stick it in the lock at night.

Not my gun safe, but my main safe. It's mainly biometric.... It also can use a keypad. It also has high security backup keys. So good on all grounds. It's a Brinks.... Had it several years and it has not failed yet. My gun safe is both electronic or keyed...

One secret with biometric, (addressing the bloody finger issue), if the safe has a good biometric system, (I would not get it if it weren't well made), you can program all your fingers if need be. Or some from one hand and the other.... Mine gives me quite a few bio prints. Enough if blood, boogers, chocolate or severed digits enters the scenario... ;) Make sure you lick your fingers clean otherwise.

Typos courtesy Apple...

I don't understand why people opt for biometric safes. Anything I cannot open with a key or push buttons with no reliance on batteries is bogus. Your keys need to go somewhere at night; keep your safe key on your key ring and stick it in the lock at night.

Same argument can be had with keys or combos... Say I'm injured badly and laying on the floor and only hope is reaching for a bio print.... Can't see combo, (got blood in my eyes), and car keys are in the other room, can't crawl because have two broken legs maybe), I better have a life tag on my neck because it is the I've fallen and can't get up scenario... Only hope is, I can reach up, activate pad and have 10 fingers to reach with. Howz that for a scenario? ;)

Typos courtesy Apple...

Same argument can be had with keys or combos... Say I'm injured badly and laying on the floor and only hope is reaching for a bio print.... Can't see combo, (got blood in my eyes), and car keys are in the other room, can't crawl because have two broken legs maybe), I better have a life tag on my neck because it is the I've fallen and can't get up scenario... Only hope is, I can reach up, activate pad and have 10 fingers to reach with. Howz that for a scenario? ;)

Best argument I've heard today for "Home Carry" :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

Not my gun safe, but my main safe. It's mainly biometric.... It also can use a keypad. It also has high security backup keys. So good on all grounds. It's a Brinks.... Had it several years and it has not failed yet. My gun safe is both electronic or keyed... One secret with biometric, (addressing the bloody finger issue), if the safe has a good biometric system, (I would not get it if it weren't well made), you can program all your fingers if need be. Or some from one hand and the other.... Mine gives me quite a few bio prints. Enough if blood, boogers, chocolate or severed digits enters the scenario... ;) Make sure you lick your fingers clean otherwise. Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD Typos courtesy Apple...

Once the touchpad/print reader is bloody, you can clean your fingers all you want, the pad likely won't read. Plus, while you dick around with your ten fingers my safe with its key, simplex, combination or even digital keypad is already unlocked and I have a gun in my hand ready to give someone the bees -  whether my hands are wounded, bloody, and full of tears and snot or not.

Typos courtesy Apple...

Sorry Bro, but I am calling shenanigans on this. Why is my only hope a bio-print safe? In the situation you mention above would work just fine substituting a keyed entry (with the key someplace ither than the car key ring), simplex lock, or even digital keypad for the bio reader and probably work better and faster with bloody fingers - If there is blood in your eyes, there is blood on your hands. There is no way you suppress that instict to wipe blood from your eyes so you can see.

My one pistol safe is a key entry, with the lock being on top of the safe. The safe is bolted to the top shelf of a bookcase, that is well over my head. I have no problems whatsoever using that safe which is over my head and requires a key to go in a lock that I can not see.

My other pistol safe is a simplex lock and the last is a digital keypad with key backup. All of these can be opened in the dark by touch alone and with either hand, bloody, hurt, or not.

Yes, you can what if a scenario to death. Lets not do that - I am sure we can all come up with no win scenarios. The long and the short of it is in a fight there is a good chance you will get bloody and that blood will get on your hands.