2ANJ

What would you do?...

So, to briefly sum this up without dragging it out. There is a neighbor that lives about 3 houses down from me. Lately he has been driving home his semi and sometimes with his trailer. Parking it on the street. Now with my street being a "coastal evacuation" road the whole commercial vehicle parked on residential streets is a wash. It started to be a concern because the truck and sometime with trailer takes up most of the lane causing you to either stop and let on coming traffic pass then get into on coming traffic lane to proceed, or if you are already pass the part where you are in on coming traffics' lane you better hope that the car coming at you stops (which happened to me the other day). Neighbors have called and complained when he brought home a refrigerated trailer the other night and had it running all night, because cops came and made him turn it off as it was too loud. I called and made a complaint when I had to get into the on coming lane and the car coming towards me didn't want to stop and let me pass before he went. I was told by dispatcher that "It is up to the cop to decide if the vehicle is causing danger, not you" Cops drove by but never stopped or came to my residents, even though I requested to have an officer stop by after he made his decision. This being all said, what other routes is there to take since local police aren't doing much.

Let the air out of his tires?

HA! Then we will have a truck who will never move until he puts air back in his tires.

I dont think that will help the problem of it being in the street lol.

Take some pictures and take it to your local mayor?  

This is a good point although it sounds time consuming. I wonder if I made a call to the Chief if that would help.

Maybe there is a local ordinance about parking a vehicle with a trailer on a roadway for a certain period of time.  Without pictures I can't say one way or another but Failure to Park off the Roadway (39:4-136) comes to mind.  If someone makes a complaint and the other person is clearly in the wrong I would write it and let the judge figure it out, especially if multiple neighbors are complaining.  Although maybe he knows someone and that is why their looking the other way.

Maybe just be as understanding as possible.  Just like you, this guy's trying to make a living.  I can stop for a car once in a while on my street if it means I'm helping my neighbor make a living.  Maybe he only gets to see the wife and kids when he's not on the road and he just wants a night at home with the family.   Your life is not made better by spending it worrying about what he's doing with his life.

Have you ever talked to the truck driver about it? If you were my neighbor and you did not like something I was doing but instead of talking to me about it you called the cops to complain I would probably not stop just to piss you off. If you came to me first and just asked me to stop and gave me a good reason why I would stop right away. Just sayin.

His immediate neighbor who is friendly with me as well have tried talking to him and from what they said it had got them no where. To be honest I don't care what he does or if he only gets to bang his wife once a month but to take up 3/4 of a lane is bullsh!t. If it is there tonight ill snap a photo and try and post it up. It's not there every night being that he drives his pick up home and parks in the exact spot. There is a thing called common courtesy, which he has simply disregarded. So, with him not caring what his neighbors' concerns are I won't even waste the time to try and talk and "understand" him.

His immediate neighbor who is friendly with me as well have tried talking to him and from what they said it had got them no where. To be honest I don't care what he does or if he only gets to bang his wife once a month but to take up 3/4 of a lane is bullsh!t. If it is there tonight ill snap a photo and try and post it up. It's not there every night being that he drives his pick up home and parks in the exact spot. There is a thing called common courtesy, which he has simply disregarded. So, with him not caring what his neighbors' concerns are I won't even waste the time to try and talk and "understand" him.

Keep calling the popo on him daily.

Its obvious that he s a jackass.

Keep calling the popo on him daily.

Its obvious that he s a jackass.

That's what I'm thinking will most likely have to be done. Like I said his immediate neighbors talked to him and since he didnt care they call Everytime he pulls up with his rig.

Stop by the PD on your way home from work and put a complaint in writing. Atleast they can't ignore that like the dispatcher did with your call. What you explained with them not even stoping by after you requested it is probably just a result of lazy dispatcher/cop; I bet the cheif wouldn't be to happy about it. They are obligated to come if you ask.

Let the air out of his tires?

Yup, after that happens a time or two he won't return. Although, if you're not careful he may have his eye out the second time you try to do it.  

Call the police and when they come, have a head on collision with them since there isn't enough room to safely pass. ;)

I'd pay to see that, lol.

For these sought of "nuasance" things it is hard to get help from the Cops/authorities. They generally try to stay out of it unfortunatly. During Sandy-Storm my street had 3 feet of water in it for 2 days, and assanines from all over the area with these huge trucks where speeding through it for a thrill for two days creating tidal waves up to the houses on the block, and safty hazards. I called the PD to ask them to close the street and they didn't help. You will probably have to take them to court (don't count on the authorities to help you, sadly).

Everybody has to get in everybody's business. Just drive carefully. Soon enough he most likely won't be able to park there when snow comes, or a winter ordinance. And, the self-reliant prepper in you can always go get a chicken coop and a few roosters and generously take everyone's attention off the rig with a new racket.

Maybe his semi parked there slows down traffic and your kid and the neighbor's labrador are more safe.

Lastly, remember, you never know who you are messing with and what they are capable of. If you truly want this Peterbuilt to go away, then consider finding an alternative for him close by... the church parking lot the next block over, etc. And you can always write your friendly neighborhood statist politician and ask him/her to ban truck tires or something like it.

If what you say is truly a safety issue then even though its not your job, as a neighborhood,seek ad offer an alternative in a nice manner. Maybe ask the mayor if he could think of a solution.

. It started to be a concern because the truck and sometime with trailer takes up most of the lane causing you to either stop and let on coming traffic pass then get into on coming traffic lane to proceed, or if you are already pass the part where you are in on coming traffics' lane you better hope that the car coming at you stops (which happened to me the other day).

That's SOP my neighborhood, where we have on street parking and roads only slightly wider than 3 cars.

Also, unless there's an ordinance prohibiting it, there's nothing the town/popo can or should do.