Shawnmoore81

Starbucks is caving

The funny thing is that I've seen plenty of GUN SHOPS post signs prohibiting persons from carrying on the premises for the safety of their patrons. The image macro above is stupid.

Starbucks with this recent change basically issued a statement to quit using them as a political platform for the gun issue and to quit being dickheads on their property. A don't-ask-don't-tell policy of sorts.

Ok. 

A.) I see no problem with carrying a holstered handgun, whether openly or concealed, assuming it is legal to do so where you are.

B.) Carrying a long gun into a Starbucks, or any other store really, is probably ridiculous, unnecessary, and only done to "make a scene". OK, I guess if you really are on your way to/from actually using that rifle for a legit purpose, then MAYBE. But still, why couldn't you just leave it in the vehicle? I seriously doubt that more then a teeny tiny itsy bitsy minute fraction of people are going to/from the range or hunting while on foot. If you are, then ok, I guess you get a pass for stopping for coffee or a bite to eat while carrying your rifle.

C.) Technically, the "anti's" started this, by "boycotting" Starbucks. Yes, the Pro2A people THOUGHT they were doing the right thing by trying to "help" Starbucks make up for lost business. Apparently, they didn't want the help. So be it. If you really, honestly just happen to be carrying a holstered handgun while doing your "regularly scheduled" Starbucks patronage, in the course of your routine activities, then I would say go ahead and continue doing so. However, organized groups continuing to make "events" out of doing so, or these stupid anti-Starbucks "campaigns" that are starting to crop up are only going to quickly make things worse. For now, it continues to be a policy of somewhat mildly opposed ambivalence. I think if EITHER side, but especially the pro-gun side, continue to "push" this much further, it will quickly turn into a "Gun Free Zone", which they could easily do. Then, anyone carrying could be subject to severe legal consequences. I think the best thing to do is let this quietly die down. As I said, continue with your normal routine, be very careful not to get into any gun related arguments/debates/heated conversations on Starbucks property (lest you be declared a "disturbance"), and for Pete's sake, leave the AR's and shotguns in the car! 

This is a fight "we" DON'T need to pick. "We've" already taken a "win" and turned it into a precarious draw. Withdraw from this battle and live to fight another day, or it will quickly turn into a totally avoidable crushing defeat.

Don't get me wrong, Starbucks coffee is over-priced toilet water, and I would never drink it, but it has nothing to do with gun rights. I would still never buy/drink Starbucks if they opened a free gun range in every store.......

In addition to causing undo attention to oneself, thereby almost being visibly guilty of Alabama State law (left up to the interpretation of the Police during the subject interview), my other greater concern in these Police calls with "Man with a GUN" at Star Bucks is in this video, for instance, I see at least THREE Officers.  As a former First Aid Squad member, I hope that NO ONE else in their patrol area needed a Cop more than that Star Bucks lobby did:  Heart Attacks, Strokes, MVA's with injuries, Domestics, Fires, all have to WAIT so these THREE or more Officers can have a chat with our 2A Citizen of the week!  Notice also that the Cops were called as a direct result of the spectacle this A-Hole CREATED by inviting an ENG News Crew from Channel 11 to follow him into the same store the FIRST TIME!  

Everybody wants their 15 minutes of fame.  I too have an ego, although not as HUGE as this guys!  At what price will society turn on this and say, "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!"??

Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you SHOULD!