mag1

WC Classic Supergrade BLUED

Full length guide rod.  Nitre blued small parts.  Bomar style target sights.  Checkering on the back of the slide.  Recessed muzzle/crown.  Flat topped/milled slide top. 

1 sweet assed set of grips!!

C

Full length guide rod.  Nitre blued small parts.  Bomar style target sights.  Checkering on the back of the slide.  Recessed muzzle/crown.  Flat topped/milled slide top. 

1 sweet assed set of grips!!

C

Some of those are standard on the supergrade buddy!

Grips are badass though, thank you!

Oh, and it's ambi.

C

Cmon Chris! They come ambi, dont Rock Islands?

Yes you were close, spot on with the nitre blue and reverse crown. Everything is standard.. You are overlooking some big features, and your the 1911 guy, im a novice

and your the 1911 guy, im a novice...

Calling BS on that one. 

I'm assuming you picked the font on the slide...

Gold dot front sight is most likely standard, but pretty...

Magwell...

Recessed slide stop pin...

Grip screws are clocked...

Rear sight is either low profile, flush cut, or both...

Honestly, the grips are killin' me.  They're too pretty.  I can't look past them.

C

and your the 1911 guy, im a novice...

Calling BS on that one. 

I'm assuming you picked the font on the slide...

Gold dot front sight is most likely standard, but pretty...

Magwell...

Recessed slide stop pin...

Grip screws are clocked...

Rear sight is either low profile, flush cut, or both...

Honestly, the grips are killin' me.  They're too pretty.  I can't look past them.

C

you are freakin hilarious.

Take a ride down and lets shoot it

Mag, how long did it take from when you placed your orders with Wilson compared to Heirloom?  I've been contemplating buying myself a nice 1911 and curious about a high end production like Wilson vs full house custom.

Heirloom is quicker. They really work their asses off there. Easy to get in touch with. Wilson is a PITA unless your a dealer, which you should go thru a dealer like Gunslingers or Hammond Gun and Tackle. It is cheaper that way, and they can contact Wilson alot faster than you can.  You can change your order as many times as you want until it gets kitted. I changed my mind about 10-12 times.

I have a 9mm lightweight commander on order from Jason Burton and quoted about 14 months wait. That is not bad at all for a full custom.

This supergrade was quick because it was ordered awhile ago before the new one piece magwell rounded was an option.

I have another supergrade being done in 38 super, and I talked with Wilson directly and they said they are 3 months behind(longer too cuz im going with a .38 super), so now looking at 2 year build.

So I will hopefully have the pistol mid next year. Who knows anymore with their reasoning, hire more people.

I know a guy who ordered a supergrade professional, and it was kitted within 9 months. It depends which parts they have on hand for your build.

For Heirloom, you need to supply a pistol, which is pretty cool, but at the same time, costly.

There is a difference when you compare the Supergrade and Heirloom side by side, esp when you strip it down. Not sure if its worth 2K or not.  To me, yes.

Which goes to the question is the Supergrade worth an extra $1500 over the CQB..For me, absolutely!

Best thing is order a Wilson(if you want a wilson) thru on of the above guys mentioned, or even Call Tony and see what he can do for you. 

You give a $100 deposit. If you decide to not go thru, then you only lost 100 bucks. If you change your mind about color, grips, barrel, whatever, you can change it as much as you want until it is kitted.

Get a price from both Heirloom and for a Wilson, cry (lol), then I cant wait to see the pics! And you will have a 1911 that you will be proud of and pass down hopefully.

For Heirloom, you need to supply a pistol, which is pretty cool, but at the same time, costly.

There is a difference when you compare the Supergrade and Heirloom side by side, esp when you strip it down. Not sure if its worth 2K or not.  To me, yes.

Which goes to the question is the Supergrade worth an extra $1500 over the CQB..For me, absolutely!

Are you saying its worth the extra money for the Heirloom once you strip it down or the Wilson?

Are you saying its worth the extra money for the Heirloom once you strip it down or the Wilson?

The Heirloom craftmanship definitely. Detail is amazing.  Yost and Burton are on the top of the game right now also. 

The only downside is if you are not a Colt or Springfield fan. They will work on other pistols, but I am not sending them a Wilson to redo.

Cool thing is that Heirloom used Wilson's parts.