Sludog

Shooters Sporting Center opening his weekend

Just got an email the other day that shooters gun and archery range is opening this weekend. Members can reserve an hour for a lane. This is limited to one reserve a week for the first month or so so everyone is able to get lane time. Walk ons are unlimited if lanes are available but they said they expect it to be very busy the first month.

Anybody heading over this weekend ?

glad they finally opened...when will Tip's stop carrying firearms?

I was at Tips on monday and asked the same question. Employee told me that that they planned to move all the guns over in one night. Huge job ahead of them. They have to box every pistol and rifle to keep the books straight.

Got the membership but I found their site not user friendly, to log in they say to go to shooters client login, couldnt find that, called tips but person on other end couldnt find it either, there seems to be a huge divide between logic and computer logic, my friends who spend all day on computers explain away questions with a "oh you just do this this then that" I ask, well how would I know that? Living in front of a computer screen makes it easy for anyone, I guess.

they told me $250 a year and as a member 10% off ammo. There 9mm 50 box was $24.99??? I didnt look what the other prices were.

If not a member, it is $20 plus tax.

You can reserve a lane online as soon  as their website is updated.

You can bring your own factory ammo, which the rumor was you couldn't, so that is good.

I didnt ask about rifles.

If you want a nice HK, they have almost all of them...Esp a USP Expert 9mm and HK P30L 9mm.

The archery section was a clutter fuck when I was there.

Nice that this place is only 15 minutes from me, right off the parkway.  If they are open tomorrow, I am going back to join.

they told me $250 a year and as a member 10% off ammo. There 9mm 50 box was $24.99??? I didnt look what the other prices were.

If not a member, it is $20 plus tax.

You can reserve a lane online as soon  as their website is updated.

You can bring your own factory ammo, which the rumor was you couldn't, so that is good.

I didnt ask about rifles.

If you want a nice HK, they have almost all of them...Esp a USP Expert 9mm and HK P30L 9mm.

The archery section was a clutter fugg when I was there.

Nice that this place is only 15 minutes from me, right off the parkway.  If they are open tomorrow, I am going back to join.

Does it have to be frangible ?

Does it have to be frangible ?

I went to Tip's on Monday and asked them about ammo at the range and was told any factory ammo was permitted. No reloaded ammo. About two months ago they told me only ammo sold from them was allowed. Probably lost memberships because of this.

Another note, they have great hours, 8am to 10 pm everyday.  I would imagine last rental hour would be 9 pm.  I be there tomorrow. 

Shot there on Sunday night around 4:30 and had the entire range to myself.  Place is beautiful and the building is massive. Looked at the archery range downstairs and it  looked awesome although I have nothing to compare it with since it was the first indoor archery range I have seen. Has an upper deck section to shoot down on targets and I heard them say the are adding trees to shoot from as well. Will definitely try my hand once rentals open up only $15 per hour. 

Probably head back on Wednesday or Thursday again this week. Only 10 minutes from my house and hours are great open everyday from 9 am to 10pm and Sunday until 6 pm though possibly winter time may cutback a few evening hours. 

My father and his buddy guested me in this morning. Great place, great service. Dave the RO was fantastic. They even have a fire place (but no leather couches and brandy).

I kinda like that they make you sit thru a safety video after you fill out the paperwork. Nice to know that everyone starts on the same page.

They allow any factory ammo; brass, steel and aluminum. 10% discount on ammo for members. Well lit with very good ventilation. It is 2 ranges separated by a steel door, so maybe one side could be used for private functions, like those over-crowded bachelor parties.

The shop is very large, kinda reminds me of Heritage in Easton with the layout of the counters. They have a rather large selection of handguns. No rentals yet, but they say it should not be long.

My SS membership is about to expire. If I get another indoor membership, this place will get my money.

Glad they opened up in time for the Duck and Decoy show this weekend. I would expect there to be a fair amount of people stopping by.

Just got an email the other day that shooters gun and archery range is opening this weekend. Members can reserve an hour for a lane. This is limited to one reserve a week for the first month or so so everyone is able to get lane time. Walk ons are unlimited if lanes are available but they said they expect it to be very busy the first month.

Anybody heading over this weekend ?

This place is amazing. Very impressive as soon as you get to their property. Hard work and dedication paid off in a huge way. Range is top notch, everyone should check it out atleast once. I will be back real soon.

Stopped by tonight.  The store is beautiful and they did a great job designing it. I was one of a few people milling around, and while service wasn't snappy when I walked over to an associate and asked to see a couple things he was happy to show me.  From conversation I overheard while perusing the handgun counters I gather they are still trying to figure out how best to staff the place.  I work in retail and my best guess is the asst was asking the GM how he wanted to staff different times.  Completely understandable for a new store.   Prices seemed fair.  A few bargains I saw, nothing priced ridiculous.  

I fought the urge to pick up a UTAS for $1100, mostly bc I have never shot one and want to try it before plunking down the $$$.