Sign in to follow this  
NJSlick

Gun buy back announced for Monmouth Co.

I've thought about doing this as well. However, as an FFL it would actually be more difficult for me to purchase long guns than a private citizen. They would have to come back to my location.

Wonder how long the local pd would allow you to operate there?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Gonna go check out the Asbury one before work, bring a few COEs with me. The link for the article is below...

http://www.app.com/article/20130919/NJNEWS/309190123/Gun-buyback-set-for-Monmouth-County?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Frontpage|s&sf17412817=1

"pellet and BB guns may be surrendered at the locations but there will be no compensation for those items, he said."

But some are now listed under the assault weapons ban...why aren't they offering compensation for those air rifles?  If they are so bad that we can't own them, they should be very important for the state to get them off the streets, right? 

Agenda exposed...

Every time these come up I wonder if I should go clean-out the crap and dump it on the state for more than its worth...

Has anyone actually done this?  Taken some crappy .25, or a rusted-out shotgun to one of these events?

I've thought about doing this as well. However, as an FFL it would actually be more difficult for me to purchase long guns than a private citizen. They would have to come back to my location.

I don't see the problem. Its essentially the same thing as meeting face to face to buy a shotgun or rifle as example. If its a problem, I'll just leave. 

Every time these come up I wonder if I should go clean-out the crap and dump it on the state for more than its worth...

Has anyone actually done this?  Taken some crappy .25, or a rusted-out shotgun to one of these events?

I've heard of people building the Home Depot special shotguns and turning them in for more money than they spent at the store.  But before they used to offer more money for shotguns and rifles.  For only $25 it isn't even worth the effort of me driving to Home Depot to even think about building one. 

As an FFL, you may purchase firearms from anyone and anywhere across the USA. Disposition must be made at your premise location.

Rumson could be interesting (a few guys are probably going to collapse when they see the news photos of what their ex-wives disposed of for a few bucks) but I doubt the PD would allow buyers to set up in their parking lot.

Rumson could be interesting (a few guys are probably going to collapse when they see the news photos of what their ex-wives disposed of for a few bucks) but I doubt the PD would allow buyers to set up in their parking lot.

I've thought about setting up and buying a few things, but I can't imagine the PD being too happy about it.  Sometimes it's better not to kick the hornet's nest.

Almost seems like an incentive for thieves to steal from gun owners if they know one of these is coming up!? I mean if you steal a few guns and then turn them in for cash with no questions asked ......Quote below is from the linked article:

“No questions asked and get cash back: that is the philosophy behind our gun buyback program. Residents can bring in weapons to either of the two locations we have established without fear of getting in trouble,” Gramiccioni said.

I wonder if there has ever been a study that looks at burglaries where firearms were stolen that correlate to the timing of these "no questions asked" buy backs.  Just a (slightly paranoid?) thought.

http://www.nj.com/monmouth/index.ssf/2013/09/photos_ar-15_assault_rifle_among_more_than_200_weapons_turned_in_at_monmouth_county_gun_buyback.html

Hmmmmm. The Luger might have been worth a few bucks....

Isn't the Mossberg 500 Bullpup NJ legal? I didn't see it on the Evil List. Probably worth a couple bucks, since Mossberg stopped making them, and there really wasn't anything wrong with the design.

Wouldn't the owner have had 180 days to sell the Colt AR15 out of state now that Christie signed A3796? Again, that's worth a few bucks.

$2000+ up in smoke?

Wouldn't the owner have had 180 days to sell the Colt AR15 out of state now that Christie signed A3796? Again, that's worth a few bucks.

$2000+ up in smoke?

I think you're right, we should be in an amnesty period right now. I think anyone with banned rifle should be good to send it off to safety, including the Colt AR15, the M1 Carbine, or even the super evil old-school fullsized-magazine Marlin 60.