Njsarge

Selling broken iphone 4

I have a verizon iphone 4 that my teenage daughter managed to destroy. The back has been broken along the bottom and the phone will not charge or start up. Was looking to get some cash for this but not sure what kind of info is on it. Don't want to sell on eBay any local place take these for cash?

I have a verizon iphone 4 that my teenage daughter managed to destroy. The back has been broken along the bottom and the phone will not charge or start up. Was looking to get some cash for this but not sure what kind of info is on it. Don't want to sell on eBay any local place take these for cash?

There are a bunch of places online that buy used phones in any state of operation. Google "selling broken iphone".

Gazelle.com

a friend of mine is opening a place in howell cpr cell phone repair franchise very soon it may be open.I was told all makes and models in house repairs and refurbs.I can get the number if you are interested

Jack?

Tell you what put it on Craigslist and you'll sell it for $30 or so.. I sold my wifes broke ass phone for $60 (pre 5 though).

People will buy them and resell them, hell the Iphone 4 is still selling for a couple hundred bucks.

-P

Depends on carrier. Att, sure. Verizon or sprint, not so much. Problem with buying a vz/sprint phone second hand is that the esn could be blacklisted and you won't know until you go to activate it. Also, they're locked into their carrier, there is no way to take a vz iPhone 4 to another carrier (exception is page plus, but that requires flashing and is beyond the purview of this conversation). So the reason att phones command a higher premium is because of the ability to put them on any gsm carrier in the world.

With the iPhone 4 being 3 gens old, the vz ones sell in mint condition for around $80, $100 on a really good day. To replace a screen costs $35 in parts and an hour time. Back is another $10. So you figure anyone who buys it has to make some sort of profit. If you get the $30, consider yourself lucky and move on.

I've been unlocking iphones since the original and follow the market closely. I used to buy/sell the phones as well but I realized there is more money/less work in wholesale unlocks. I guess this is a shameless plug, if you want your phone unlocked, pm me for pricing.