Ok i know the Ruger 10/22 is the AR15 of the 22's tons of aftermarket stuff, been around for ever, everyone says that's the 22 to have. But i was wondering what about some of the other 22lr rifles. My brother has a Remington 597 i have shot it a few times and its an ok 22 but what about the savages & marlins etc any others i should be looking at. 

It really depends on what the intended use is.  The 10/22 lets you customize the crap out of it and there's no ceiling in terms of price or options as to what you can do with it.  It's a great platform for a semi-auto 22lr rifle.

That said, for bolt action, I would take my Savage Mk2 over any other one (in the same price range).  The thing is a tack driver out of the box and either comes with a great trigger (accutrigger) or can be made awesome for $3.  It's a great gun, but there is no aftermarket for it.  I might be able to find a stock, but that's about it.

love my Smith & Wesson 15-22.  Can put whatever you want on it, easy to break down and clean, and is quite accurate.  

Beat me to it!  Yes, that's truly the AR-15 of the .22's, same controls and all.  

But tell me, where do you plan to find .22LR ammo?

Echo the 15-22..  Fun to shoot, you can put whatever you want on it, and its a great "AR Starter" rifle.  If you have 22 ammo already (or can SOMEHOW get your hands on some), then this is also a great option. 

When I bought it, it was a toss up between that and the 10/22.  Ended up going for the 15-22 although I still might end up with a 10/22 at some point. 

I have an AR already so i would simply get something like the CMMG conversion kit for it if i wanted a 22 AR. I am looking for a plinking 22 rifle. As for ammo, Dicks has been getting it in just have to get lucky plus making a trip out to PA and a few places by a friend of mine gets it in regularly so i am not worried about that. The bolt action is something I am looking at as a 22bolt would be fun to shoot. 

I have an AR already so i would simply get something like the CMMG conversion kit for it if i wanted a 22 AR. I am looking for a plinking 22 rifle. As for ammo, Dicks has been getting it in just have to get lucky plus making a trip out to PA and a few places by a friend of mine gets it in regularly so i am not worried about that. The bolt action is something I am looking at as a 22bolt would be fun to shoot.

Just do this I have one in my 223ar and shoots great for the price and ease of just swapping bolts and mags. I've had zero problems with mine

I have 2 795s. Love them and they are cheap. Both are wearing Tech Sights, one has the DIP trigger and a wood stock. They share the same mags as my bolt action Marlins, XT-22 and 880. Kinda nice to stockpile only 1 type of magazine.

my 795 has this peep also. Funnest way to shoot 22 rifles imo. BTW, .22 and AR shouldnt be used in the same sentence, sounds silly to me -lol.

The first thing to ask is what's it for ? The great thing about 22"s is they come in every action and price semi auto, lever, bolt, single, and my new favorite pump action. I like Savage Mark II bolt / Henry,Rossi, or Marlin levers / Semi Auto  can't beat a Ruger or a Marlin 60 / Henry or Remington have new pump actions. 22"s you can"t just have one !

I went with a 597HB, mainly because I wanted something other than a 10/22. Over 1000 rounds and it's been flawless. Upgraded the scope and I get quarter size groups at 75yds. Maybe not impressive, but with my abilities I'll take it.

I enjoyed it at the range so much I wanted a bolt .22. So I picked up a Marlin XT-22, basic model with iron sights. The only non-semi of anything I own, takes some getting used to, remembering to cycle the bolt. But it's fun. I don't think it's any more accurate than the 597, just something different. Only have two range trips on it so I'm still figuring it out.

I was interested in a Savage Mark II, but would like to check out the Ruger American Rifle since it shares the same magazines as a 10/22 if I wanted a bolt-action .22LR.  If money wasn't a concern, I would consider a Ruger 77/22.  For versatility, though, and with the AR platform, I would consider a S&W M&P 15-22.  But, a Marlin 39A would be the most desirable to me, as it is a classic.. 

Any Mossberg for the most part is a track driver.... I love the 44us..... Is it Property marked..?

E have a choice 340b with Weaver scope in the shop all original worn no splits or cracks to any plasti.. Wood is great..original mag too!

Someone but it so I don't! :)

Yes, property marked.  Came without a magazine, which at the time, was almost half the cost of the rifle($75).  Plastic trigger guard was also cracked and needed to be replaced.  Wood is very good.

I have a Ruger 10/22 and the Savage Mk2. Both are great rifles, just depends what are your plans. The Mk2 is a great for further distance shooting and is good for a trainer (if you have savage in higher cal and same trigger). The Ruger, if you are looking to run and shoot or just offhand shooting.