RecessedFilter

Shotgun Shootout! October 12th at Clinton, NJ WMA

Do you have to have a hunting license to attend this event?  If not, then this would be a nice way to break in my shotgun!

Nope, only one person needs to have the licenses. I have mine and a few other guys have theirs as well

one person with a hunting license can guest 4 people at wma ranges

Isn't it one person in the party has to have the license

Do you have a source that says limit is 4 per one license holder?

http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/ranges.htm

TRAINING AREA REGULATIONS

All WMA regulations apply.

At least one (1) member of the shooting party must have a current, valid New Jersey hunting license in possession.

Shotgun is for fine shot (lead-free at Assunpink; smaller than No. 4 lead or No. T steel ammunition) only. NO BUCKSHOT OR RIFLED SLUGS

Archery is for target or practice tips only - No broadheads.

Muzzleloader is for muzzleloading firearms, shotguns with rifled slugs or buckshot and modern .17 and .22 caliber rimfire rifles only.

No handguns or centerfire rifles permitted.

Hours are 8:00 a.m. - sunset (except Black River WMA, see below)

Huddle up boys.  I need a little creativity here.  I need to start a fight with my wife so I get to sneak off to join you guys at Clinton.  This argument has to be time sensitive.  I need a line of bullshit that has a five hour cooling off period.  It's my wife's birthday weekend so I don't want to stomp all over it. 

" In those jeans you look like 5 pounds of sausage in a 3 pound wrapper."   way too overboard.

" I never liked your Mother."   she'd find that agreeable

" I had that pistol for years,  oh, the receipt says what??"  getting warmer

Any help would be appreciated.

By the way,  I'm funnin here.  I'm a full grown man and the go to guy in my family.  I've been responsible for so many years I need to find a way to keep the little boy in me alive and well.   I could simply tell her I'm going shooting but where's the fun in that.  I need a solid, dependable, unfailable line of bullshit,  and I hear tell there's some bullshit artists round these parts. 

I need to start a fight with my wife so I get to sneak off to join you guys at Clinton.  This argument has to be time sensitive.  I need a line of bs that has a five hour cooling off period.  It's my wife's birthday weekend so I don't want to stomp all over it. 

You could let Mrs. RedRiverII "accidentally" find your post above :-)

I have been wanting to join you guys for quite some time, but kept encountering scheduling conflicts.  Looks like I am good to go for next Saturday.  Please count me in. 

Don't have a thrower but will bring everything else listed above.  (E.g. clays, ammo(#8 and #7.5 birdshot), cleaning supplies, eye and ear protection, suntan lotion, ...etc; and last but not least, my Mossberg 590).

I have owned my shotgun for approx. 6 mos and have shot it on multiple occasions indoors at Brick Armory.  Very much looking forward to shooting it outdoors and meeting(and learning from)  everyone.  

regards,   Art

p.s. I do not have a hunters license, so would need to be considered a guest of one of you who do.

Huddle up boys. I need a little creativity here. I need to start a fight with my wife so I get to sneak off to join you guys at Clinton. This argument has to be time sensitive. I need a line of bs that has a five hour cooling off period. It's my wife's birthday weekend so I don't want to stomp all over it.

" In those jeans you look like 5 pounds of sausage in a 3 pound wrapper." way too overboard.

" I never liked your Mother." she'd find that agreeable

" I had that pistol for years, oh, the receipt says what??" getting warmer

Any help would be appreciated.

By the way, I'm funnin here. I'm a full grown man and the go to guy in my family. I've been responsible for so many years I need to find a way to keep the little boy in me alive and well. I could simply tell her I'm going shooting but where's the fun in that. I need a solid, dependable, unfailable line of bs, and I hear tell there's some bs artists round these parts.

This is too easy....."Honey, I'll be out quite a few hours Saturday morning looking for your birthday gift.".......

Another one....find an excuse today or tomorrow to drive her car. Upon returning ask her if she has noticied that one of her tires has developed what appears to be a small leak. You'll take it to the tire shop early Saturday morning for her to get it patched. Afterwards you may need to run a few errands to pick up some things at Home Depot. The tire store was really, really busy and you had to wait several hours.....and then man, was it packed at the one HD so you went to the other one a little further away.

Let me know if you need any more too tuck away for future use.....

This is too easy....."Honey, I'll be out quite a few hours Saturday morning looking for your birthday gift.".......

Another one....find an excuse today or tomorrow to drive her car. Upon returning ask her if she has noticied that one of her tires has developed what appears to be a small leak. You'll take it to the tire shop early Saturday morning for her to get it patched. Afterwards you may need to run a few errands to pick up some things at Home Depot. The tire store was really, really busy and you had to wait several hours.....and then man, was it packed at the one HD so you went to the other one a little further away.

Let me know if you need any more too tuck away for future use.....

LOL! Done this before much?

I am still hoping to attend.  However, I do have another scheduling commitment I need to first resolve. 

Regarding the weather.  That is a consideration for me as I will be traveling 60+ miles.  However the latest  weather forecast indicates rain in Hampton will

end overnight. 

regards,  Art

Weather for Clinton tomorrow says Partly cloudy, 20% chance of rain. High 70, Low 52. That's pretty good for me! A little drizzle wont melt my shotty. I'm looking to get there by 9:00am as usual.

Some of the local folks will probably get there a little before that. We generally take the stand to the far left.

How's that store? It's not to far from my house but I've yet to make it there

Nice and clean, as it's brand new.  They actually have ammo in stock but it's all locked up behind the counter or on the wall. 

Picked up a case of Gun Club and 1k Winchester .22LR

Nice and clean, as it's brand new. They actually have ammo in stock but it's all locked up behind the counter or on the wall.

Picked up a case of Gun Club and 1k Winchester .22LR

Dang I'll have to make it over there I got the email last week that they finally got their guns in. I haven't seen a dicks that doesn't have the anmo locked up. Nj probs:(

Gentlemen,  I will be attending tomorrow and plan to arrive by 9:00 AM. Will bring ammo and 2 boxes of clays.

Can someone please provide me their name and cell#.  Just in case I get lost or whatever.

Please post or message it to me.

thanks,  Art

Gentlemen, I will be attending tomorrow and plan to arrive by 9:00 AM. Will bring ammo and 2 boxes of clays.

Can someone please provide me their name and cell#. Just in case I get lost or whatever.

Please post or message it to me.

thanks, Art

Feel free to pm me but it's really the easiest thing to find. If your coming off 78 westbound it's the service road exit which is 13. Same exit as the Clinton station diner. Get off the exit and go literally straight down that road that runs parallel to 78 and you will see the rifle range sign about a mile on your right. Go past is and go up the next "road" which says wma office and it's up there you can't miss it