Destinydog

Faux Supressor

Hi,

looking at GSG .22 1911 comes with threaded barrel and faux suppressor is this legal in NJ?

The faux suppressor is okay, I have one on my Kriss. It's what they do to cover up the 16ij barrel. You can not have a threaded barrel tho as that is an evil feature

(2) A threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor,

forward handgrip, or silencer;

(3) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles the barrel and

that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the non-trigger hand without being

burned;

Again just following the writing literally....

If it has both a threaded barrel AND a shroud... It's an assault weapons per nj law....

(2) A threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor,

forward handgrip, or silencer;

(3) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles the barrel and

that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the non-trigger hand without being

burned;

Again just following the writing literally....

If it has both a threaded barrel AND a shroud... It's an assault weapons per nj law....

Then how is the KRISS okay?

It's a rifle. The shroud isn't even pinned on it's just a screw that holds it in place.

With the 1911 it's a grey area but IMO it's okay but ianal, I love typing ianal

If the rifle has a threaded barrel and it is not permanent... Then it is a countable evil feature.....

The 1911 is definitely not a grey area....

It has a threaded barrel

It has a barrel shroud

Those are two countable features... I see no grey area...

If the rifle has a threaded barrel and it is not permanent... Then it is a countable evil feature.....

It has a threaded barrel

It has a barrel shroud

In the case of the vector the barrel itself is not threaded, the shroud slips over it and has a set screw to hold it in place. It actually is nice to be able to put my hand on the shroud to get a longer grip as it doesn't get that hot

In the case of the vector the barrel itself is not threaded, the shroud slips over it and has a set screw to hold it in place. It actually is nice to be able to put my hand on the shroud to get a longer grip as it doesn't get that hot

then I stand corrected... no threads.. good to go...

It has a threaded barrel

It has a barrel shroud

Technically, isn't it a shroud if it goes over the barrel?  At best, it's a barrel extension for the pistol.

Technically, isn't it a shroud if it goes over the barrel?  At best, it's a barrel extension for the pistol.

Since nj law does not define shroud I would err on the side of being overly cautious... It covers one one millionth of the barrel where it threads... And it can be held with the non shooting hand... With those considered the risk outweighs the benefit imo

Since nj law does not define shroud I would err on the side of being overly cautious... It covers one one millionth of the barrel where it threads... And it can be held with the non shooting hand... With those considered the risk outweighs the benefit imo

I dunno.  Just don't shoot it in NJ is my IANAL response.