Banka871

Any tool fans?

disclaimer: i am a musician who plays and writes this kind of complicated stuff. i also have protools (recording program)

the kids are talented for sure, they did a good job on the song, what kills it is the mix and the quality of the girls voice, she can definitely sing, but maybe she should stick to paramore and put a little more umph into the heavier stuff.

the piano is cool, but whoever mixed this didn't do a very good job. like they over compressed everything because theres no dynamics.

OVERALL however, these kids did a knock out job. there are a LOT of talented kids out there... all i have to do is sit at guitar center for like 15 minutes and i'll see a kid who can out play me.

disclaimer: i am a musician who plays and writes this kind of complicated stuff. i also have protools (recording program)

the kids are talented for sure, they did a good job on the song, what kills it is the mix and the quality of the girls voice, she can definitely sing, but maybe she should stick to paramore and put a little more umph into the heavier stuff.

the piano is cool, but whoever mixed this didn't do a very good job. like they over compressed everything because theres no dynamics.

OVERALL however, these kids did a knock out job. there are a LOT of talented kids out there... all i have to do is sit at guitar center for like 15 minutes and i'll see a kid who can out play me.

Agreed.  It was a bit weird seeing a 11-12 year old girl sing an angst-ridden song meant for a male tenor. 

I agree completely! And the part in red in especially true :roulette:

I love tool, and this is a pretty good cover.  

Lets face it here, no one can do Maynard but Maynard.

That said, if you watch "Blood into Wine", you can start to understand why Maynard is the way he is.

It also turned me on to Puscifer since the song "The Humbling River" runs at the end.

I'm an incredibly horrible guitarist, drummer and bassist... but my wife is amazing musically (probably could have gone to Giuliard).  Anyways, I'm an appreciator of great talent, you can't expect anyone to do vocals like Phil Anselmo or Maynard.. .musically these kids are sick!!!!!   The growl in the Killswitch song is awesome too.. love this!

-P

I love killswitch, but in comparison to tool their music is much more simple.

Totally agree!!!!  Between Carey on Drums and Adam jones on Guitar they're mind blowing musically!!   Just like Dream Theater mind blowing musicianship!  I love killswitch and can't wait to see them in November with Lamb of God in philly :)

-P