Banka871

Any tool fans?

I'm an incredibly horrible guitarist, drummer and bassist... but my wife is amazing musically (probably could have gone to Giuliard).  Anyways, I'm an appreciator of great talent, you can't expect anyone to do vocals like Phil Anselmo or Maynard.. .musically these kids are sick!!!!!   The growl in the Killswitch song is awesome too.. love this!

-P

I will definitely say that the kid doing the "dirty" vocals sounds badass!

Totally agree!!!!  Between Carey on Drums and Adam jones on Guitar they're mind blowing musically!!   Just like Dream Theater mind blowing musicianship!  I love killswitch and can't wait to see them in November with Lamb of God in philly :)

-P

Dude watching petrucci I I always find myself picking up my jaw from the floor. Not to mention the rest of them...and now Mangini!!!!

I can't drum at all, tried to learn a little when I was still in high school but my parents put an end to that real fast. but I love watching really good drummers... to me it's even more amazing then watching a good guitarist. even though I'm a very poor guitarist lol.

If anyone plays the guitar, I play the drums, we can go shooting then jam out at the house lol

That sounds cool.. .I'm a total 3 chord player!  Punk/metal etc.. wish I could go all "DiMeola" onthe guitar but talent evades my grips! LOL

I can't drum at all, tried to learn a little when I was still in high school but my parents put an end to that real fast. but I love watching really good drummers... to me it's even more amazing then watching a good guitarist. even though I'm a very poor guitarist lol.

Dude watching petrucci I I always find myself picking up my jaw from the floor. Not to mention the rest of them...and now Mangini!!!!

The quality of drummer out there is amazing!!!! From Neil Peart who's still mind blowing! to Chris Adler from Lamb Of God (I think the best in modern metal), plus the dude from Dave Matthews band is sick!!! amazing drummers out there!

-P

Yea the quality of drummers today is staggering.

I think the best I've had the privilege of seeing live (3 times) has been Matt Greiner from abr.

That dude is mind blowing live... The whole band is good but damn he can you wanna go ape shit in the pit lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5ALz3yn-4E

Trust me im not all that special, i played up until i got to highschool then quit until earlier this year, about a 15 year break lol... Just started playing again, but im always down to jam with someone. 

The guy from Dave Matthews is Carter Beuford (spelling)

another good drummer is Chad Sexton from 311.  Really creative with ghost notes and fills.  Esp on the older stuff. 4 songs that come to mind (song/album)

• Do you right - Music

• 8:16am - Grassroots

• Come Original - Soundsystem

• Grassroots - Grassroots

check them out if anyone is interested... 

Yea, too bad you guys are all a million miles away. I love jamming even though I suck and would probably slow everyone down lol.

I'm still trying to find an amp too. I was (-)this close to buying a Vox Night Train 50 this week but sadly my POS iphone broke and I need to replace that before I splurge on an amp.

@RedBow, I work in Pomona by the AC Airport (FAA) but live in Marlton.  Look @CL for an amp, I've found some great deals on CL on amps. 

-p

I've been scouring CL nearly hourly lol. Everytime I find something I don't have the money and when I do pickens get slim :(

I have a good friend who lives right off 70 in cherry hill, so up up that way now and then. I'll have to check out your setup.

As far as an amp though keep you eye out for me, I want something 2x12 (possibly another half stack even though I really have no need for something so big) but this time I want to go all tube. I've had several solid states and now it's just time for something more awesomer lol. I'm a big vox fan but also been thinking about some peavey options and even a bugera.

Just seems like I can't find that mesa mark v head on CL for $500 like I was hoping haha.

Redbow,

You could buy a tube carvin power amp and run a pod, or even a mesa pre amp with a cab and get out cheaper than an all tube combo.

Im in the same boat, will probably end up going that route. Im tired of buying sub par solid states every few years...my marshall is starting to act up.

I will never buy a carvin product, they ROYALLY screwed a friend of mine but that's another story.

I do see what you're saying though, and it's definitely something worth looking into.

My last amp besides a 15w practice combo was a marshall mg100 half stack. It was a good amp for the money and it proved to be really reliable but the sound quality just isn't what I'm looking for now.

Of course when I was 18 it was the best sounding amp in the world lol long before I knew better.

I had the same head. Great for the price.

Curious to your friends carvin issue?

I have a friend who buys from them religiously, usually great customer service.

He got a good deal on a 2x12 solid state combo and really enjoyed the sound. He had it for about 3 weeks and it mysteriously stopped working. We check allt he fuses and they were good, check the power cable and it was good, Checked the internal power supply and it was good, Took it all apart to look for anything burt or out of the ordinary and it all looks fine to the naked eye. We basically came to the conclusion that something internally with the board was messed up.

before all this we contacted carvin and explained that one day it just stopped while still basically brand new. They then offered to happily fix it free of charge, but my friend would have to cover shipping both ways to the tune of $150+! The amp was purchased for $329 directly from Carvin and they gave him free shipping. So basically he would have to pay half its value over again to have it fixed.