laabci

Do you register your guns ?

No, i havent registered any of mine..  and yes, you can typically send it back for repair even if its not registered...  Chances are, you are giving them your name and serial number of the gun before you send it back, so that is somewhat of a de facto manufacturer registration..

Speaking of warranties, exactly why I do not register.

I sent in guns to both smith Wesson and Springfield. Not once did they ask what, when, where. I was second owner on the Springfield.

Most good gun manufactures will lifetime warranty the gun anyway.

I would say registering a gun would be good for someone who owns one but doesn't go on forums or are really not into guns. Example would be some who bought a shotgun for home protection, puts it in the closet and that's it. But a few years down the road it gets recalled. The only way they would know is if they registered it and the manufacturer contacted them.

My personal most impressed story is from Springfield. Maybe 10 years ago or so my brother bought an Xd 45 gap first generation. 7 years later, I bought it from him as my second or third gun. During that time, he kept the gun in the case, in his humid basement. The gun started to have surface rust..

Called Springfield not expecting much, they told me to send the gun in, which I did. They cleaned and refinished the entire gun, inside and out , in the new finish that current XD guns come in, for free, no questions asked. Even though the gun was now close to 10 years old or so.