Sign in to follow this  
OfcrFek

Bushmaster CAR15 Gas Block Size?

Just got my first AR! Bushmaster Carbon 15. http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/80172

IMG_20130928_114900_249_zps2bd8f5ab.jpg

So now I have a question... I want to replace the stock gas block with a quad-railed one, so I can attach a flip down front sight, and a couple other accessories. Everywhere I go, it says the only way I can be sure of the size I need is to remove the current gas block and measure the hole. Is there any other way? I'd really rather order the gas block, and put it on when it arrives, only taking it apart once. And to be honest, I'm not all that confident I could accurately measure the hole.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Also, I feel I have to say this since you can't tell from the picture, that's a PERMANENTLY PINNED 15 round mag, NOT a hi-cap 30 round mag! Purchased from RifleGear.com!!! 

Simple (I think) - just call Bushmaster Customer service and ask for technical assistance

For General Question, Parts or Repair:
Customer Service: 1-800-883-6229 
Mon. through Fri. 9:00 am - 5:00 pm EST
Technical Support:[email protected]
Company Information:[email protected]

I'm fairly certain I found the size (.625) but I'll deff call them before I do any parts ordering. Unfortunately, in a quick search, I can't find any quad rail gas blocks in that size, so I may need to go with a quad rail fore end anyway. 

Why don't you keep the existing gas block and just trim it with a Dremel so the ff rail fits over it.

215b4289d4a36792aa6a43e6d8fcdcfb_zpsc6bd

You can even get a rail that uses the existing barrel nut which makes the install a lot easier. This is a Troy Bravo rail.

37b992f22d1e5b7edda41c6bdc844872_zps02cc

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By RetNJ47
      Selling my Troy A4 “Other” Firearm 5.56(.223) with Blast Shield (faux suppressor) and BA Hanson profile 11.3” precision barrel with Silencer Co ASR muzzle brake.
      Had gunsmith remove pin and welded muzzle brake on stock 10.5” inch barrel. Upgraded to BA 11.3” performance barrel bringing OAL to 26.8 inches without pin and welded muzzle device. ASR threaded Silco brake added with 6” Blast Shield. Trigger/Feed Ramp polish job for smoother take up and crisp reset(for a Mil-Spec trigger). Only 40 rounds have been fired for testing and proper initial barrel break in using Modern Spartan Systems accuracy oil between shot cycles.
      Full list of modifications:
      -Ballistic Advantage Hanson Profile 5.56 chambered 11.3 inch Performance Series Barrel
      -SilencerCo Muzzle Brake
      -SDTA 6” Blast Shield
      -SBA3 Brace (Black or possibly FDE available)
      -Magpul Gen 2 BUIS and Vertical Foregrip
      -CMMG Stainless Gas Tube
      $1550
      Located in Toms River with closest FFL being Weshoot/Shoreshot. Buyer responsible for transfer fee at FFL.
      Still have stock barrel also if interested.
      **Eotech Not Included** if interested it’s an EOtech EXPS2-0 and I have a G43 magnifier w/STS mount and Surefire light with pressure pad to go along with it.

• By [email protected]
      Yesterday I visited a local store that has been around for a long time, They had nothing in stock. needless to say I asked about getting a TROY other and the owner was very uptight about it. he said I'll never sell one due to the fact that there is a federal law in the works to stop the sale and any prior sales will be confiscated! I was not happy to hear this but this store has a very bad rep. So a little help here, I looked and saw nothing about this subject on line. 
    • By Casual Shooter
      WTS: Updated: Smith & Wesson M&P 15 ORC 5.56/.223 with many accessories
      Includes rifle, magazine, manual, box, lock. Rifle is in excellent condition.
      ·         Model: M&P 15 ORC Optics Ready Compliant #811013
      ·         Chromed Components: Barrel Bore, Chamber, Gas Key, Bolt Carrier
      ·         Receiver: 7075 T6 Aluminum
      ·         Stock: Fixed Pinned
      ·         Overall length: 35”
      ·         Weight: 6.25 lbs.
      ·         Barrel: 16”, 1 in 9 twist, 4140 Steel
      ·         Finish: Hard Coat Black Anodized
      ·         Gas block with integral Picatinny Rail on the same plane as the receiver rail. QD Sling Swivel Attachment on the bottom
      Additional Accessories include are:
      ·         Troy 7” Aluminum Drop in BattleRails quad rail
      ·         Magpul MOE Carbine Hand Guard, Dark Earth, with Picatinny rail section
      ·         AR15 Handguard Removal Tool (Brownells # 100-000-438)
      ·         Magpul B.A.D. Battery Assist Lever
      ·         Ambidextrous Charging Handle Latch
      ·         ERGO Grip, Dark Earth
                $725.00 cash
      FID and matching DL required with transfer thru FFL. Located in Morris County, RTSP in Randolph preferred FFL. Buyer responsible for transfer fees.
      The first to post “I’ll take it” wins the sale followed by PM to confirm.

• By Lone Shark
      Daniel Defense - DDM4-V7 - Rattlecan Cerakote Finish, .556 Semi-Auto Rifle, M-LOK, 16" Barrel.

Included with Rifle:
      3 - Daniel Defense 10 rd. Mags.
      Daniel Defense Muzzle Climb Mitigator, Gen II.
      Magpul front and rear flip sights
      BipodDeflector Brake Kit
      Tipton Max Force carbon fiber cleaning rod.
      Daniel Defense full-latch impact plastic case
      380 rounds ammo.
      Monmouth County Area - $2,960.

All Brand New - Never Fired - New Jersey Compliant

The first to post "I'll take it" wins the sale.

• By StanMan01
      Looking to sell an AR-15 with the following specs:
      Upper:
      Barrel: PSA 18" .223 Wylde SS Barrel (1/7 Twist)
      Comp: VG6 Comp Pin and Welded by Tier 1
      Rail: PSA Lightweight 15" MLOK Rail
      BCG: PSA 5.56 Nitride MPI Full-Auto Bolt Carrier Group  purchased on October 9th 2020
      Optics: Scope is not included. I can include an EoTech 512 with GG&G Lens Cover (Logo is plain GG&G Logo) with box for $355 if the buyer is interested (Eotech Sold)
      Lower:
      Receiver: PSA AR-15 Lower Safe/Fire purchased on October 20th 2020. 
      LPK: PSA Lower Parts Kit
      Stock: RRA A2 Buttstock Kit, Black
      Trigger: Geissele SSA-E Trigger ($240 Trigger) - Has 0 rounds on it, Purchased on October 23rd. Can include original MilSpec take-off trigger
      Pistol Grip - Have a replacement Hogue OverMolded Pistol Grip that will be included
      Magazines:
      2 - 10rd PMags Included
      Ammo:Depending on Buyer need I can sell .223 or 5.56 (XM193 or XM855) at cost
      Misc. Accessories: CMMG .22lr Conversion Kit unused with 10rd mag - $120 (Only looking to sell with the AR at the moment)
      Rounds Count:
      Upper has about 250 rounds down the pipe
      Lower: Maybe 50 Rounds
      Price: $SOLD
      Buyer must have FID and matching Driver License. Transfer will abide by all state/federal laws 
      First "I'll take it" gets it
      Can provide additional photos upon request.