Sign in to follow this  
Recon Racoon

Legality of having a drill rifle shipped to your door?

So I'm looking into my next project, and its going to be reactivating a 1903A3 Drill Rifle. They've been deactivated by having the firing pin welded over, and a rod welded into the barrel, or having a hole vut into the barrel to make them unfireable. By all ATF standards, these are not firearms. Does NJ need these to be shipped to an FFL, or are they OK to ship to your door?

How is it not regulated. If it still has a functional reciever?

Rod and pin welded is not functional.

If that were the case, welding a muzzle brake would not pass legality either. Welding something I believe is making something as one. So if I perceive it correctly, that receiver pretty much becomes a block of steel.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Years ago when they were considering confiscating ARs, they gave 3 options. 1-sell gun out of state that can legally have them, 2-fill the barrel with concrete or lead, 3- turn it in for 50 bux.

Surprisingly, that considering the lower of an AR is the important piece that makes it a gun, they had no concern over it.

I'm sure others will have different scenarios of classification. See what they say too. :)

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Although looking at it from a prosecutorial perspective, absent a confession or video tape of the work actually being done, it would be impossible to prove that the work that transformed the deactivated receiver into a working receiver was done in New Jersey or elsewhere, when it was done or who did it. Unless you put all of this info on the internet.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4